149 SAM BERRI vs 1456 Brandon "AMATEUR HOUR" Aurther

bajabug-crazy

RDC Crypto
Not accurate.... see facts below, ask Sam and others that were actually there

From 2nd place back the officials CHANGED the race course markers allowing EVERYONE except #16 to cut approx 9 miles off the course skipping the bottleneck area and most difficult part of this very tough course. Please stop posting when you don't know what you are talking about.

The fact is that as #16 got close to the end of lap 1 we were on the radio and phone asking what HDRA's plans were for the bottleneck area. The race could of been held at the start/finish or at a check point until approximatly 25% of the race entries that were stuck at said hill were cleared or a decision was made. HOWEVER, after not making a decision soon enough the officials continued the race on the entire course for #16. #16 got to the bottleneck area at about the same time 2nd place, about 8 minutes behind #16, was given a re-route where the course cut from approx mile 31 across to mile 40. The entire field of leaders (except #16) and all other racers skipped the hard part of the course at the direction of the officials. #16 driver Josh Daniel and navigator TJ Flores found a way around the bottleneck but in the process used up the truck (transmission stuck in 1st gear). At the time they and the #16 crew were still under the assumption that EVERYONE was also going this way. Had the information been transfered the team and then to those in the truck Josh and TJ may have made other decisions.

These are just the facts, nothing more. We are good with Roger and HDRA but can NEVER accept some half truth internet report that someone may have pre run better than us, if you only knew what you were saying! ha ha

I think one of the delay factors may have been that officials were dealing with a medical situation on lap 1 that may have made it hard to get right on top of the bottleneck situation.

Congrats to all the finishers

Sir I am well in formed on what happened yestureday, I am on the crew of Sam Berri, and was there. I am the one that was on the radio with sam as it was goin on. Besides that Sam is in a single seater were TT16 has a navigator and should have been prepared we did extesive prerunning and are home work. We did nothing illigal and continied are race it is a shame the Josh and Tj got caught up in the bottle kneck it was a great race, but you dont sit and wait your turn in a bottle kneck you fine an alternitave route.

randy s

RDC Crypto
i don't see where what class you're in makes any difference. if you're in the way and getting punted, then get the hell out of the way ....BTW, when the op used brandon "amateur hour" arthur in his description the first time, it might have been a little humorous but it was kinda repulsive after awhile....we got your point..

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
RDC Crypto
Sir I am well in formed on what happened yestureday, I am on the crew of Sam Berri, and was there. I am the one that was on the radio with sam as it was goin on. Besides that Sam is in a single seater were TT16 has a navigator and should have been prepared we did extesive prerunning and are home work. We did nothing illigal and continied are race it is a shame the Josh and Tj got caught up in the bottle kneck it was a great race, but you dont sit and wait your turn in a bottle kneck you fine an alternitave route.

"are" homework, "are" race???

"our" maybe

Just trying to figure out exactly what your saying.

WickedGravityVideo

RDC Crypto
Bajabug, if it is as you say, and Sam chose to cut off 5+ miles of course, then YES, that is illigal (trying not to confuse you with proper spelling)! However, I am sure Sam will tell you he was routed by a course worker that way. It was not his superior course recon skills. (NOTE: I am not taking away anything from Sam... I am a big Sam Berri fan)

I am deeply disappointed that Sam's crew did not put a GoPro on Sam' helmet when he went into the Brandon Aurthur Pit.... come on, people! get the footage!

RYAN COHEE

RDC Crypto
Bajabug, if it is as you say, and Sam chose to cut off 5+ miles of course, then YES, that is illigal (trying not to confuse you with proper spelling)! However, I am sure Sam will tell you he was routed by a course worker that way. It was not his superior course recon skills. (NOTE: I am not taking away anything from Sam... I am a big Sam Berri fan)

I am deeply disappointed that Sam's crew did not put a GoPro on Sam' helmet when he went into the Brandon Aurthur Pit.... come on, people! get the footage!

Hope he left his helmet on!!!

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I think desert racing for the most part was better before internet and all the quarterbacks existed. This whole thread is a joke.

65fordls2

RDC Crypto
From what I saw sam Berri nerfed him hard enough to break his front nerf bar completely. Of course brandon should have gotten out of the way, either way this thread isn't needed.

ksmith

RDC Crypto
For the record...I have competed against Sam for 15 years in the Vorra series and have been 'caught' by him a few times over the years. I must say Sam has always been very respectful of our equipment when it comes to passing. I have NEVER been nerfed by Sam because I let him by! If you've been caught GET OUT OF THE WAY! The car behind you IS faster....they caught you didn't they? If you happen to get caught in an area that you cannot pull over immediately give a wave to the driver who caught you, letting them know you see them and are looking for a place to pull over. It is the responsibility of the slower classes (including Sportsman) to keep an eye on the mirror for faster cars catching them. It sucks to hear about things like this happening. Bummer Sam's transmission gave him problems but knowing Sam he is not the type to get on the internet and start bashing or blaming people. Sam is a Veteran racer who has always been very helpful and respectful to our team. Just my two cents on this subject.

Enough with the name calling, it sounds like they settled it at Brandon's pit.

Last edited:

Jackassracing

RDC Crypto
Yeah with 20k plus on the line. It seems reasonable to give a slower moving car a break on not getting out of the way of the over all race leaders way.

ksmith

RDC Crypto
I think desert racing for the most part was better before internet and all the quarterbacks existed. This whole thread is a joke.

100% Agree!
Most of the people posting replies either don't race or weren't there. Just more internet drama from the keyboard racers!

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto

Let me wrap my head around this, so you're saying that Sam and the other 3 guys that took the exact same line as Sam and got around the bottleneck and TT 16 because of their "extesive" prerunning an not because course officials told them to go that way? Hmmmmmm

McGill

RDC Crypto
The 10 quotes of "Amateur Hour" just make you sound like an idiot.
His last name is Arthur, if you were well informed you would know who you are flaming on this forum.
This "Amature" "Amateur" "Amatuer", has done pretty damn well in his rookie season in the "SPORTSMAN" class.
If Sam couldn't pass in his single seater then it sounds like it was a very tight part of the course and probably not enough room to pull over.
If Sam had been a little more patient he probably would have finished the race. I know that's hard to do in the race but you have to remember how long the race is. If he had waited a while in his pits and cooled down before he went over to Arthur's pits there probably wouldn't have been an incident there either.
I believe Arthur ended up finishing his race and taking 2nd in his "SPORTSMAN" class. That's how you make a name for yourself and pick up sponsors which allow you to move up through the classes.
BTW, If I was Sam I don't think I would want you fighting my battles.

65fordls2

RDC Crypto
The 10 quotes of "Amateur Hour" just make you sound like an idiot.
His last name is Arthur, if you were well informed you would know who you are flaming on this forum.
This "Amature" "Amateur" "Amatuer", has done pretty damn well in his rookie season in the "SPORTSMAN" class.
If Sam couldn't pass in his single seater then it sounds like it was a very tight part of the course and probably not enough room to pull over.
If Sam had been a little more patient he probably would have finished the race. I know that's hard to do in the race but you have to remember how long the race is. If he had waited a while in his pits and cooled down before he went over to Arthur's pits there probably wouldn't have been an incident there either.
I believe Arthur ended up finishing his race and taking 2nd in his "SPORTSMAN" class. That's how you make a name for yourself and pick up sponsors which allow you to move up through the classes.
BTW, If I was Sam I don't think I would want you fighting my battles.
Agreed.

JRV 511

RDC Crypto
The DA were looking so strong and It would have been tough to catch them for sure !! But they got screwed , sucks for sure !!! great bunch of guys and they will clean up and move onto the next race . without any BS

Sam Berri is probably good and pissed off and rightfully so If it went down like they say it did , But he is a great racer and a great dude , so he will clean things up and move on to the next race . without any BS

So why in the heck can't we do the same , WAJ !!!
Congrats to all and HDRA