149 SAM BERRI vs 1456 Brandon "AMATEUR HOUR" Aurther

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
If i understand what i'm reading here what class 1 driver in his right mind wants to wrestle with a 6000lb truck? I don't get it even if he was in your way wait for the kill then pounce. now everyone is miffed and you have a boatload of fab work to do I must say i am Impressed.

mccallumracing

racing offroad in July is worse than this whole entire thread --- July is dedicated to boats and river place's .... none of this nonsense wouldn't of even happened, come on people 'focus' ;-) and isn't Sam Berri's firesuit actully older than the Artrueirrer kid anyways ..... ?
Best post of this entire thread! The fire suit comment was hilarious

J Prich

Best post of this entire thread! The fire suit comment was hilarious
Has anyone directly involved in the incident or legit members of either team actually posted in this glorious thread yet?

WickedGravityVideo

Has anyone directly involved in the incident or legit members of either team actually posted in this glorious thread yet?
What, and ruin this thread with truth or first-hand account?

I heard the Reno911 cops came and took both Sam and Brandon away in a police van.

danielgee504

What goes around come around, Karma, call it what you want. 1456 way out front (50+ miles) they break reported as spindle in a bad area. 1448 come from a long way down and WINS................... for those that had ascess to IRC tracker they could watch it happen. I call it Karma

talkjk

What goes around come around, Karma, call it what you want. 1456 way out front (50+ miles) they break reported as spindle in a bad area. 1448 come from a long way down and WINS................... for those that had ascess to IRC tracker they could watch it happen. I call it Karma
Or you could call it desert racing

dan200

#BSF200
I dont think so. We have had friends and witnesses comment and even someone from one of the teams however i really hope that nobody with any official capacity has because nobody looks very professional here. I'm embarrassed for everyone...

y2kbaja

We have the footage from both vehicles and you may see it on Fox Sports Network in about 30 to 40 days. When we heard about the bottle neck we recieved photos from a racer in a text. We immediately called the helicopter to have it return to main pit and Jim Cook took a break from filming. The helicopter was dropping me at the course deversion when #16 was coming through. We could not get on the ground fast enough to divert them and they were busy driving rather than looking for my frantic hand signals as we were landing. About 8 to 10 minutes later Sam Berri came through and I diverted him after having a conversation about the issue of adjusting time after the race for whatever time #16 spent on the extra miles and road block. Sam told me he understood. I sent a text to Cameron and let him know what was going on and that their time would be corrected. Cameron later texted me that they were having transmission issues and did not think they could change it and still win the race so they were going to pull out.
I see all of your "RDC" goggles missed this post about a first hand or official account of what happened.

pdailey

Racer
We have the footage from both vehicles and you may see it on Fox Sports Network in about 30 to 40 days. When we heard about the bottle neck we recieved photos from a racer in a text. We immediately called the helicopter to have it return to main pit and Jim Cook took a break from filming. The helicopter was dropping me at the course deversion when #16 was coming through. We could not get on the ground fast enough to divert them and they were busy driving rather than looking for my frantic hand signals as we were landing. About 8 to 10 minutes later Sam Berri came through and I diverted him after having a conversation about the issue of adjusting time after the race for whatever time #16 spent on the extra miles and road block. Sam told me he understood. I sent a text to Cameron and let him know what was going on and that their time would be corrected. Cameron later texted me that they were having transmission issues and did not think they could change it and still win the race so they were going to pull out.
Thanks for clearing this up Roger. You and the rest of the HDRA crew are class acts and understand you guys did everything possible as fast as possible to handle the bottleneck situation. Thanks for a very fun event.

y2kbaja

I dont think so. We have had friends and witnesses comment and even someone from one of the teams however i really hope that nobody with any official capacity has because nobody looks very professional here. I'm embarrassed for everyone...
I've known and have been racing with Sam his ENTIRE carreer from the early 80's. He has passed me several times and not once has he ever had to bump me. Scares the crap out of me when I see him in the mirror and I wave and find a place to pull over. I have seen him pass cars without them knowing it. Being very close to VORRA officials I have never heard of an incident of protest for bumping and nerfing either.

I have also raced in that area before (have you?), it is very rocky and narrow but there are some places to pull over. At the XO250 in 2010 I was in a bottle neck and found a way around the mountain by reading the terrain and GPS to get back on course.

You will not see Sam post on forums, I'm not even sure he even owns a computer.

dan200

#BSF200
I've known and have been racing with Sam his ENTIRE carreer from the early 80's. He has passed me several times and not once has he ever had to bump me. Scares the crap out of me when I see him in the mirror and I wave and find a place to pull over. I have seen him pass cars without them knowing it. Being very close to VORRA officials I have never heard of an incident of protest for bumping and nerfing either.

I have also raced in that area before (have you?), it is very rocky and narrow but there are some places to pull over. At the XO250 in 2010 I was in a bottle neck and found a way around the mountain by reading the terrain and GPS to get back on course.

You will not see Sam post on forums, I'm not even sure he even owns a computer.
I know Sam doesnt post.

IF brandon could have got out of the way or not, i dont know. Without video none of us can really say what section the section of the course they where on were sam got held up really looked like. The areas of the course i saw (didint race, just pitted for TT16 at main) seemed skinny by us. We were way at the far end of main pit. I know theres places where passing was near impossible. I know theres place where people can get over so a faster driver can get around. What the course was like in exactly this spot, I cant say with certainty. Can you?

I dont know which area on the course that caused this "visit to Brandons pit" by Sam happened at, and unless someone else does then we really are just speculating about those immediate conditions. Arent we?

Stuff I do know...

I know Sam has a stellar reputation.

I know Brandon is also newer than some to all this but is fast/competative and has some fantastic mentoring.

I am a fan of both and all this bugs me.

Its a shame that all this happened. Maybe Brandon could have got out of Sams way? Maybe not?

Maybe he never saw/heard him at all? Maybe he did?

Maybe Sam nerfed him kinda harder than he needed to? Maybe not?

Maybe the nerf broke sams transmission. Maybe it was gonna break anyway?

Maybe a cooling off period should have happened before he visited the pit.

Maybe Sam was seen as a threat as he approached the pit. Maybe not?

Maybe brandons crew member that supposedly grabbed Sam by the helmet was being a bit reactionary or maybe he felt threatened.

Maybe people from both camps were trying to stop a fight and not start one.

I cant answer any of these question because i was not there. Only the people who were there can. People I know and trust were witnesses to this "pit visit" event (at a distance anyway) but they also seem to have incomplete/conflicting stories where non witnesses have filled in the gaps. To me this thread is mostly speculation.

Its my hope that we get an official response from both camps. Till then the peanut gallery is all we have...

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
Sir I am well in formed on what happened yestureday, I am on the crew of Sam Berri, and was there. I am the one that was on the radio with sam as it was goin on. Besides that Sam is in a single seater were TT16 has a navigator and should have been prepared we did extesive prerunning and are home work. We did nothing illigal and continied are race it is a shame the Josh and Tj got caught up in the bottle kneck it was a great race, but you dont sit and wait your turn in a bottle kneck you fine an alternitave route.

No matter what snake oil you're trying to sell this much is for sure, you desperately need to get spell check, or at the very least learn how to click on the little sp button. If you "google" google spell check you will find exactly what you need to check forum post.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
No matter what snake oil you're trying to sell this much is for sure, you desperately need to get spellcheck, or at the very least learn how to click on the little sp button.
Don't you have some fetuccini to eat or something??? :D

Oh yeah, what is pizza like in Italy??? Enjoy your trip and the sights.

Layton

Brandon stopped and gave me and my navigator all the water they had and some snacks they had. Sam Berri went by us a roosted us with rocks! just saying!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Brandon stopped and gave me and my navigator all the water they had and some snacks they had. Sam Berri went by us a roosted us with rocks! just saying!
In Sams defense he was racing for 20K and an overall, why should he stop? I dont stop for every person I see pulled over/broken in a race when I am racing for the win!