15" RE-POP Tires

oldschool5er

Reaction
Opinions on if there would be any interest in the Vintage racing scene for Re-pop vintage style offroad tires ie: Sand Blasters, Formula Desert Dogs, MT Baja Belted in 15" rim, or which popular tread pattern from back in the day?

LantanaTX

Reaction
Sand Blaster 33" tall rears and Sand Blaster Jr's would be nice but Mickey Thompson currently sells almost the same tire which we currently race on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRAVISD

Reaction
I have three Sand Blaster rears if somebody needs them.

oldschool5er

Reaction
Sand Blaster 33" tall rears and Sand Blaster Jr's would be nice but Mickey Thompson currently sells almost the same tire which we currently race on.

The Sand Blaster of all 3 sizes were the primary tires we are looking at. The MT Baja tire similiar to the old Baja Belted looks like too close to the price point we were looking at.

LantanaTX

Reaction
We would probably buy a set too for display. If they could be raced on and perform well, we would probably buy a bunch more.

oldschool5er

Reaction
A group of guys I am involved with were approached by a tire company that is wanting to do some small runs based on new tech for making molds very inexpensively and can duplicate original patterns.They are wanting to break into all forms of Vintage Indy, Vintage dirt track, Classic tires etc. in a similiar market as Coker and we have been pushing for Offroad inclusion which is why I have been asking. We have examples of good condition Sandblasters we are providing. Early era Yokohamas have been discontinued also right ?. Gill's suggestion is some I forgot about also. Apparently they have found a way around trademarks as we specifically asked about that lol.

Lifeflight

Reaction
The Norsman2 tire that was basically a 31x10.50 15 tire was amazing for class 9. But the sidewall was weak. The Yoko3 has a killer sidewall. Mix the two would be great. Hard to find a small tire for Budget style baja bugs

oldschool5er

Reaction
The 913 sandblasters I have were the main tire I raced on in Vintage 5/1600, The 915 were also but always were being used as a soft/hard stop in the fender well in that limited suspension lol.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
It would be tough enough to find 13" Centerlines or Cragars to put 913s on. 915s would be a different story.

LantanaTX

Reaction
Is this company looking to make tires we can actually race on? How they perform would be very important. I would love some Sand Blasters that wear as long as M/T Baja Pro's but were more puncture resistant. The current Yoko super diggers are probably a bit more puncture resistant but the M/T's far out last them. If you could combine the strengths of each in a Sand Blaster, you would have a winner. Limited run?? Does this mean if we run them and like them we can't buy more when needed? Or is this run just meant for display the car? We have have some only Sand Blasters that I would love to have on the in contingency but we don't have enough room to carry tires that we can't race on.

oldschool5er

Reaction
Is this company looking to make tires we can actually race on? How they perform would be very important. I would love some Sand Blasters that wear as long as M/T Baja Pro's but were more puncture resistant. The current Yoko super diggers are probably a bit more puncture resistant but the M/T's far out last them. If you could combine the strengths of each in a Sand Blaster, you would have a winner. Limited run?? Does this mean if we run them and like them we can't buy more when needed? Or is this run just meant for display the car? We have have some only Sand Blasters that I would love to have on the in contingency but we don't have enough room to carry tires that we can't race on.

That is a question that I have not got an answer yet as they need to see what they are picking up from me. I have explained that it is actually racing we would be using on them for. I do not believe that fails under Trophy Truck type demands on tires, maybe I am wrong about that but we have had a conversation about Vintage Indy being difficult to re-produce because of the tire specifications. Discussing Vintage Indy is where all this started from but they already produce DOT tires and for us it would be a better fit.