160 desertdogs race car crash at Norra

racer ray

Reaction
As many of you know I crashed and pretty much destroyed our 160 desertdog race car at the NORRA on day 2. It was a huge crash and both myself and my co driver wound up in the hospital , But thank god we are both in good condition . I cannot say thanks enough to the Norra medical staff for their great work. Many of you have probably asked yourself what happens when the big crash happens . Heres a brief report on how Norra handled it. Hopefully this will put many of you at ease on racing in baja .
Immedialtly after the crash weatherman jumped in on the radio and the MANDATORY tracking system located us along . We also had great help by several of the BFG support trucks. We were a long way from anywhere. The course was stopped for a very brief time for the ambulance to come in and retrieve us. This just started the process. Our chase crew was notified where to meet the ambulance and conditions . Norra immedaitely had their medical cooridinator join up and stay with us throughout the process . Norra basically never left our side, plus constantly interpreted for us as needed. . they helped coordinate the hospital , doctors , and even prescriptions. All fees were covered .
I was overwhelmed as to how smoothly it went . Ed and Alisao thanks we will see ya next year.
RACER RAY

oneleglance

Reaction
I was worried when I saw the ambulance crusing by and glad to hear it went well for such a terrible thing.
Looking forward to having you back, cars can be rebuilt, people not so much.
Thanks for the report.

Wild Bill BFG

Reaction
Racer Ray,

Glad to hear that you guys are A-Okay.

Wild Bill (The white Dodge that came to pull you out of there)