On Topic 1600 Motor??

dirtslinger

RDC Crypto
Who would you have build a 1600 motor for an 11 car?

Fat?
Jimenez?
Wik?

Got an extra motor here in the garage that's 11:1, unknown builder, gonna pick a top 1600 builder to go thru and make sure its got all the bells and whistles.

High Compression BTW.

3 Amigos Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Greg at FAT has guided me though 3 type 1 motor builds. Options, knowledge and on budget/on time. It would be time well spent to call him and discuss your core motor and a build in detail. My experience has been very positive as well as the motors went from bench to race and ran flawlessly with zero test time.

Another benefit of the FAT motor is the resale value. I got what I wanted for two motors I sold to kick start other builds.

Last edited:

Live Free or Die

RDC Crypto
Well I am biased but Jorge Jimenez is a great builder. Motor has never been an issue for us…and I brought him my engine from a "friend" who didn't do me any favors but Jorge did and worked with what I had. He gave me honest opinions and expert advice. We got inspected after the Shootout and other great wins and the motor was always perfect.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
RDC Crypto
I don't have a lot of experience in 1600 motors but I did own one for a while and it had a Jimenez motor. All I can say is I never had a problem with it and never had it rebuilt. I sold the car before that time came. Hope that helps a little.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
Fat Performance still builds the best vw motor around in my opinion. Two out of the top 3 qualifying positions at Rage and Bap :)

Attachments

• 12046613_904917946228181_2951458452000575541_n.jpg
    12046613_904917946228181_2951458452000575541_n.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 187

Bryan J

RDC Crypto
FAT, Jimenez, and WIK are all great options. A lot fo the 1660 motors I have experience with come from Rulo at Off Road Auto Fab in Montclair. He does great work, its pretty much a one stop shop

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
Myself...My opinion build it your self, there is nothing wrong with what you have, research a bit, lot more going on besides the engine. Its the entire package on a class 11, All the builders are good and will do you well but throwing big money at a 11 engine isnt going to be the end all. I have 40 years in these cars and Bios dad has nearly as much as I do, class 11 is not a class where big bucks puts you up front, never has been. Throwing money wont do it...Learn the car learn the class. Good luck.

Last edited:

dirtslinger

RDC Crypto
Thanks Dave, I'm not going to build it myself, I would never trust it! This is for our spare motor that came with the car, we wanted to get a fresh motor for the beginning of the season. We were very happy with the car for our first time out, and the motor that's in it ran pretty good. Just looking for opinions on engine builders.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
Doug Maxwell builds a great motor.

Bender at ORBS in Yuma built our old 1600 motor, never had an issue with it. He's been in the business a long time.

Live Free or Die

RDC Crypto
FAT, Jimenez, and WIK are all great options. A lot fo the 1660 motors I have experience with come from Rulo at Off Road Auto Fab in Montclair. He does great work, its pretty much a one stop shop
RULO is the man…I dont think there is anything he can't do to a race car

Deenracing

RDC Crypto
Can anybody confirm that Major is still doing motors full time? I heard otherwise

Let's see Bud Ward has won how many races with Major's? My motor is on a stand, he just finished up a 12 car motor, The winner of last years 1000 just came in for a leak down and race prep. I think it's fair to say he's still doing motors full time. Lol

Back to the topic…… there's a lot of knowledge coming from Dave, that being said I chose Major's cause he was down the street I would recommend him to you as well. He takes care of us and he now offers a digital read out wheel dyno tune to make sure you're getting the most performance out of you're engine package.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
Andy is still doing motors.

Let's see Bud Ward has won how many races with Major's? My motor is on a stand, he just finished up a 12 car motor, The winner of last years 1000 just came in for a leak down and race prep. I think it's fair to say he's still doing motors full time. Lol

Back to the topic…… there's a lot of knowledge coming from Dave, that being said I chose Major's cause he was down the street I would recommend him to you as well. He takes care of us and he now offers a digital read out wheel dyno tune to make sure you're getting the most performance out of you're engine package.

That's good news. Glad what I heard was just a rumor. Have never had anyone say a bad thing about his builds. I know Andy is doing some prep work, etc on my old 12 car