1600 poll part 2

snoreracer

Reaction
Thanks for the input on the 1st 1600 poll, looks like the winner is location. Location will be the topic of the second poll. and to all the 1600s don't forget the AVI 250 this weekend 25 1600s and kartek has put up a $2000 bonus to the class.
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/dopoll.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1044891234snoreracer">
BEST PLACE FOR A 1600 RACE
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"> BARSTOW
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"> LUCERN
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"> PRIMM
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4"> PARKER
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="5"> LAUGHLIN
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="6"> RIGECREST
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="7"> HENDERSON
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="8"> MEXICO
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="9"> CALIENTE
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="10"> NELSONHILLS
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="PollSubmit" VALUE="$lang{'SUB_VOTE'}" CLASS="buttons"></FORM>

snoreracer

Reaction
The ones that are voting on this poll are way off what the 40+ pro-1600 racers voted on. Mexico was way down on the list. Just above Mexico was parker. Primm was the top pick with Barstow 2nd. Remember "best place to have a 1600 race " if you race the class you know that graded roads aren't the best for a 1600 race because at speed most 1600s are the same. So it's who draws the best starting position. Most 1600 racers like to have the track rough.

mike_hinson

Reaction
I imagine some of the people voting have chosen Barstow and Mexico because there are no restrictions on access to the course for pitting and spectating.

MikeLeung

Reaction
I could also be that "Mexico" is very general. It covers Ensenada, San Felipe, Rocky Point and Mexicali.

michael_loomis

Reaction
i chose mexico due to the various terrains you encounter during a race . every baja race i've ever been a part of has been an adventure (about 50 races) . of course im partial to baja cause i've raced , spectated , and chased there quite a bit more than anywhere else.