1600 showdown in May

Tommy Craig Jr.

With 15 1600 cars already pre-entered and a month still to go, the 500 mile MORE nightrace in May is turning in to the place to be for 1600 drivers. Looks like 78 mile loops in Lucerne. It's gonna be one of the most fun and competitive races of the year.
Your thoughts?????

LukeMcMillin

That is going to be a good race, I have heard of many people and big names that are heading up there for that race! 78 mile loop and 500 mile race is pretty sick!

Tommy Craig Jr.

If 15, 1600 cars showed up in PC the week before they could stand to win more money and only have to run 200 miles. And still have a week to prep and race with MORE.
I appreciate your loyalty but MORE has the best payback around and contingency is as good there as anywhere. And I think some of the draw of this race is the 500 miles, we do 200-250 all year long. This race is going to test poeple and their cars. I would love to run PC but 1 week is nowhere near enough time to prep properly for a 500. Still, if you PC boys can make the turn around I hope you come out. It will be really neat to have big numbers again and with names like Geer, Goin, Gumz, Brad Inch, Lorenzo and Brett and several of the regular MORE dudes, it is the best of the best. My old man, Tom Sr. is even going to take a second out of the 10 car to put in some seat time. We will do 3 driver's cahnges but we feel its worth it for us all to drive a bit. My brother Timmy is looking to get in Steve Rose's 7s truck too and thats a tough team to beat, and 7s is another class thats looking competitive. Hopefully the SNORE dudes will try and make the turnaround as well. We are running Caliente and then running the Lucerne race but it is considerably more feasible for us because its so close. However it pans out, I think it will be cool for so many guys who have been racing together for years to have this reunion. Good luck to everyone and hit me up for a beer if you see me. I only have one call out to make: Denaults, where are you guys? I know you want revenge for that 3 second incident in January. Had a blast racing with you guys, kinda missed you last race. Even if you don't enter, I hope to see you out there.
With respect.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
I appreciate your loyalty but MORE has the best payback around and contingency is as good there as anywhere.
Yea I know, I was the first guy they called for the big PP raffle prize this year.
But with the two bonuses @ this next DRIVE race it would be more money.
By the way, I will be at the MORE race, helping a bunch of 9 car teams, a couple 12 car teams and a 1 car team. I think I understand MORE.
You did ask for thoughts, there's mine.
By the way, nice run yesterday Luke!! Dan too..

Tommy Craig Jr.

Yea I know, I was the first guy they called for the big PP raffle prize this year.
But with the two bonuses @ this next DRIVE race it would be more money.
By the way, I will be at the MORE race, helping a bunch of 9 car teams, a couple 12 car teams and a 1 car team. I think I understand MORE.
You did ask for thoughts, there's mine.
By the way, nice run yesterday Luke!! Dan too..
Ok, I didn't mean to offend, and the hare and hound concept is a good idea. However, 2 entries is a far cry from 15. Plus, the entries by the time the race rolls around will be WELL over 20. Honestly, no disrespect it just literally pays way better to race MORE right now. What open car are you pitting for?

dwasser

Ok, I didn't mean to offend, and the hare and hound concept is a good idea. However, 2 entries is a far cry from 15. Plus, the entries by the time the race rolls around will be WELL over 20. Honestly, no disrespect it just literally pays way better to race MORE right now. What open car are you pitting for?
No doubt about it. MORE runs a good program. It's actually encouraging because I always hear stories about how they would have 10 or 15 entries when they first started. Look at them now. Great job!

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
No offense, just remember, you seldom really know who you're talking to on the internet.
RPI. 1 & 12.

BRAVO 1

there is anote upcoming event for 1-2 1600 in san felipe next may 9TH. the entry fee are going to be 200 dlls an everithing is payback forracers, the course lop are 4 miles and the race are under the short course style, for more information please feel free to contact me

omar bravo
omarbravo76@hotmail.com
125^133338*3

Tommy Craig Jr.

No offense, just remember, you seldom really know who you're talking to on the internet.
RPI. 1 & 12.
Just want to talk to fellow racers friend, and I appreciate the advice. You weren't going to have me killed were you?

Tommy Craig Jr.

Jim's an old 9 guy and as with most 9 & 11 guys, once you try them you can't get them out of your system.
Yeah, actually you remember Jim's old 2 seat 9 car from 200 years ago? Yeah well the recent influx of 9 guys even has people talking about bringing that out of retirement.

harleys dad

I mite think about it, had a heck of a weekend, 2 total differnt dezerts in 2 days. I left friday around 1 to go race the MDR race, got down to plaster city around 4 and decided to go get my race gas at Imperiel HWY. 230 dollars later I made a loop threw main pit then went to mile 4 to pit with my longtime friends the Guteriz family who ended up winning 5/1600. I put a GPS in my 2 seater for the first time the night before. We pushed the car off the trailer and when I got in to start it the battery was 100 percent dead. It was almost dark by this time, the wind was blowing about 200 mph, I had no lites for the car as I left both light bars at home. I decided to forget it, as I wanted to drive it a bit before, like a pre run lap. We pushed it back on the trailer and was home by 11 friday nite. At 7.00 Saturday morning my kids wake me up and want to go to Barstow. I diss connected the GPS, charged the battery for an hour and she fired rite up! Left for Barstow at 11 and stayed at the Hampton Inn, parked rite across the street. How I wish I would have raced! My kids drove it Saturday and Sunday. I will look into the May race, what date is it. I have most of my race gas now and the car is ready LOL.

harleys dad

I went to the More site and it shows 3 1600 cars, where are the other 12??