17 CRF450X

A Vance

Reaction
I didn't know a bike had to be on a magazine to be race worthy. This wasn't a competition. I have won a best in the desert open expert championship on the exact bike I listed. The guy wasn't asking for the most top of the line bike. And yes bling. A lot of the parts you listed are not even ran by the team leading the score championship right now. With support from honda. Tim Morton's list is as about spot on as people would ever need. Because a bike is on a magazine means it has bling. Not parts necessary for finishing races. Those parts are great to have if the budget allows. You have built some cool bikes but the average guy cant afford those parts. That is my point and I think Tim's point.

Baja Dad

Reaction
Like I said above Listen to TIM!!

as for the Honda Supported Score Leading 7X bike........... The motor is 99.9% the same and the Suspension is about the same.
one of my other sons finished 3rd Open Ex in 2016 on a stock KTM 350

Con Grats for the BITD EX Championship!!!!!
so is it time to move up to the Pro class Now?

See you Next year on the Start line in Parker!!!!!

redrdr67

Reaction
Honda48X's comment about (be in shape, have good riders and a good support team. ) is the most important, top of the list.

Honda48X

Reaction
Wow Baja Dad for being a has-been you sure are cocky. Read the very first post again. I totally agree with Tim and what Andy is saying.