• Forum membership has its advantages....

18 year old homeless kid

scott-dsms

Orange
Just finished moving tyler out I figured If dirtbag is at work I'd be safe WRONG the prick got so drunk last night when tyler and I went to the house to get his things he was in perfect form came at me with a bat I Popped him in the neck so hard his feet flew out from under him down he went [the guy still cannot speak] removed all of the kids clothes [what little he owns] give the mother the phone number to the local detective friend of mine told her if this guy hits you call this number cause you don't want me coming back. God I hope I'm doing the right thing this is so far out of my comfort zone I have never been this scared / pissed in my entire life.
Wow! I told you to watch out when you went to get his stuff - WT* Good on you popping the guy, but be careful still. Does he know where the shop is?? I have some experience with people like this and some pricks just 'puff up' and pull that crap on their property, others can't let sh** go and want to settle the score. Both categories are cowards - ALL abusers are. So, if he is the latter of the two I mentioned I doubt he will be alone - Like I said, a coward and I hate to say it but...I think the kid's mom is next on his list - Abusers do NOT stop, they just find a new target. Scumbags! I really hate to be a downer about this. I'm just trying to give an honest assessment.

Be safe Jeff - Watch your back, fill out police reports or whatever you gotta do to document everything and be prepared to have to take this guy out literally if, God forbid, it should come to that. Of course I am speaking of self-defense and from the looks of your avatar - You got it covered :D

Prayers sent from Nevada.

shrek

Jeff---I dont even know ya and I know for sure you are good people..........follow your heart but keep your brain close behind.........you may want to erase that earlier post.....you dont need any evidence coming back at ya.........although I would have done the same.

Shrek

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
x2 erase your comments because those comments will be taken as threats and the way the legal system today works your gonna be punished for your actions and the bad guy is gonna win

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Hey.... Drunk with bat meet super dupper neck chop...LOL You're good. You were defending yourself and you had every right to be there because you were a guest of a tenent. F that POS! Good work!

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Wow truly amazing story!~ I read every single post ... As a female my advice is yes be very aware of your daughter/wife ... Poor kid though .. I see way way wayyyyyyyy too many of these cases come through the law firm I work at. Obviously we deal with minor children but same story and just because he's 18 he's still a "kid" ...

Respect is huge, so you need to teach him responsibility and respect ... While it's easy to want to shower him with things he's never had ... he still needs to "earn" them so to speak ... especially being 18 years old ... he needs some life skills in that area .. so once the honeymoon is over and he's settled start working on all that ... The financial aspects, giving him a *BILL* to pay as his responsibility, etc etc. Good luck and awesome read! Keep us posted!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
My biggest problem right now with him is slowing him down not that i want slow motion but damn he's up and the Jo is on/floor swept garbage out the equipment has never been this clean some of my equipment has never seen a wash job the shop is spotless He thinks he wants to tackle installing a clutch in the kenworth I'm worried he is going to burn out since i moved him in he has upped the performance quite a bit. The thought of drugs crossed my mind but everyone just got tested including me Jan 4th so that's not an issue. All he needs is a leader and I hope I'm worthy and up to the job cause running this place takes Alot. Some of you in another post wanted to see him so wed when i take him to the doc to get his foot looked at [It has black spots on it I'm thinking diabetic] I'll shoot a picture so you can see him.

scott-dsms

Orange
My biggest problem right now with him is slowing him down not that i want slow motion but damn he's up and the Jo is on/floor swept garbage out the equipment has never been this clean some of my equipment has never seen a wash job the shop is spotless He thinks he wants to tackle installing a clutch in the kenworth I'm worried he is going to burn out since i moved him in he has upped the performance quite a bit.
He has a lot to be thankful for and is showing it. A great weight has been lifted off of his shoulders. Don't ever underestimate the impact one person can have on others through acts of kindness. You'll probably never even know how much of a difference you have made.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
x2 erase your comments because those comments will be taken as threats and the way the legal system today works your gonna be punished for your actions and the bad guy is gonna win

Thanks for the concern here in Wyoming we take care of our own yes It was self defense [possibly a little more hehe] I don’t think If this was to go to court [I’t Ain’t] no prosecuting attorney would dare they have to keep their jobs and nobody would keep someone like that on county payroll especially with this guys character vs. mine. I should not say this but [the wife says I have no filter between my brain and my mouth] But this ain’t KALIFORNIA I’ll stop now.

CYS Motorsports

You did the right thing taking this kid in. I'm sure he his very thankful for this new oppurtunity on life and that may be where this non-stop work attitude is coming in my opinion.

God Bless you guys and I hope everybody wins from this (except the POS stepdad)!!!!

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Thanks for the concern here in Wyoming we take care of our own yes It was self defense [possibly a little more hehe] I don’t think If this was to go to court [I’t Ain’t] no prosecuting attorney would dare they have to keep their jobs and nobody would keep someone like that on county payroll especially with this guys character vs. mine. I should not say this but [the wife says I have no filter between my brain and my mouth] But this ain’t KALIFORNIA I’ll stop now.
in this case give him another ass kicking

desert hooligan

hey jeff, you should watch the movie "The Blind Side". it might shed a little light into your situation

OldStroppeTeam

The most important thing is to talk to him. Let him know what your thoughts are ,and the goals you have in mind for him. He has not had the opportunity to choose paths on his own, so that is how he will learn.
If you think about it , you start grooming a kid to make decisions at one year o;d when you if they want juice or milk ? It builds from there. My 25 yr old is wise beyond her years because she understands a sound decision making process. BLESS YOU for what you have undertaken !

ps The Blind Side is indeed a must ! You should all watch it together !

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
He's HAPPY ... That's why he's doing what he can ... Happiness results in productivity ...

fathead

He has a lot to be thankful for and is showing it. A great weight has been lifted off of his shoulders. Don't ever underestimate the impact one person can have on others through acts of kindness. You'll probably never even know how much of a difference you have made.
Could not have said it better

560bajamike

I was indirectly on his end years ago. THANK YOU for the effort you are putting in this, it might get rockey in the future but he will know in his heart were his future came from.

Mike

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
From JEFFRPM:

This post is being sent by my good friend DESERTSUB due to the fact I cannot seem to operate this computer for whatever reason i cannot post pictures oh well here is the latest. Tyler has been doing very well he seems to be quite content where he is in his life his mom came over Thursday to see him and brought him more clothes and his guitar they had a good long talk without dirtbag hovering over their heads.We went snowmobiling Saturday the weather was unbelievable and can the kid friggin ride I let him borrow my old 2004 mountain cat 900 he put that thing in places I have never been [or wanted to be] had a wonderful day cooked hot dogs over an open fire with the rest of my gang their were over 20 of us. All I can say is WOW I consider The kid one of my closest Friends sometimes i just stare and admire what he does he has been a big motivational part in my life we have finished some real old projects that have been on the back burner for years. Well that's the latest I'll give updates If you folks want to continue hearing about him. Here is a picture of him in the Mountians of Wyoming in the background.BTW DESERTSUB thank you.

KylesDad

That is just awesome!

Jeff, If you don't mind me asking, how's the family taking all this?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Well...... the wife said the other day you don't seem to be limping/bitching/tired etc [motorcycle racing issues]I have more energy now than i had in the last 15 years she loves it the daughter on the other hand cannot understand "why" I spend so much time working with him in her mind he's pond scum [he's not a trust fund baby] as far as the son goes we are having a blast he seems to think he has a long lost brother. most of you guys had kids at an early age myself the first born i was 35 due to the commitment of racing and knowing racing/wifes/kids/money NEVER work out unless you are L O A D E D and I'm not. I'll check back later today to see what everyone has to say I still have a buisness to run. And thank you again DEZERTSUB for the help I'd rep ya If I knew how.

Jeff, you can rep Donny by clicking on the six pointed star directly below his rep power. Like I just did for you. :)

Fandango

Good for you Jeff. I read this thread last week while taking a break from the desert forum. My only input would be maybe a combined effort to help Tyler's mom's self esteem. Seems to me if she realizes she doesn't have to settle for a home wrecker things will improve for Tyler's family and solidify your efforts. If he's happy now just imagine what their lives will be like after the jerk is gone. That's all I got, good luck sir.