1967 F350 Beams

robjs111

Reaction
Found some beams on a 67 f350 and wondering if they are any good. Beams have front drum brakes. Sure look like 1 ton king pin beams but not sure. What do you think?
Thanks.

Attachments

knucklemeat

Reaction
yes, the f350 beam are good. autofab makes a conversion hub for those that change it to a five on 5 1/2 lug and disk brakes. gotta love fighting with black widow spiders for race parts!

robjs111

Reaction
so the spindles should be kept even though they are drum brakes or do i need a new spindle, hub, snouts? Could i just change hubs for a 5 on 5.5?
Thanks.

lowdownndirty

Reaction
rob all depends on how you want to run them over all.

front steer or rear steer,

full size vs mini that they are going on,what size tire your going to run etc.

and what your budget is like

figgy, yes they are equal lenth,all beams from 66-79 were equal lenth.

robjs111

Reaction
Well beams will be installed on a late 70's F100 extended cab short bed. Will be on a budget but would add better components as I go along. Beams will be extended at least 2 inches, 5 on 5.5 and run a wilwood style caliper. Tires will be at least 35's maybe 37's. Rea steer is probably cheaper and i think you can get some good travel as well.
Thanks.

knucklemeat

Reaction
if you want pure old school,auto fab will set you up with hubs and they make a pretty nice rear steer single swing steering kit too.

robjs111

Reaction
if spindles are drum brake style can they be converted to disc or do I need to find disc specific spindles?
thanks.

robjs111

Reaction
yes that is my plan, just need to find if drum brake spindles can be adapted for disc brakes.
thanks.

robjs111

Reaction
yes that is my plan, just need to find if drum brake spindles can be adapted for disc brakes.
thanks.