1968 to 1979 ford trucks photos!

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Reaction
Cool ! .........I like the tire and wheel package.

7D6F250

Reaction
lookin great! dig the venting holes on the hood

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
What does autofab want for the glass fenders.
$600-$650 a pair last I checked. I was lucky enough to score these "zero flare" ones "used" for a good deal long ago. They had sat around a while but never been mounted. I grabbed them as I knew one day I'd put them on something & they ended u[ being perfect for my crew.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Also - Racer Dad - I'd go with the drop center hood before I did the fenders. Cut, stock fenders like yours can work just as well. The hood on the other hand not only frees up a bunch of weight when you go to fiberglass, but the drop center adds a bit more visibility over the nose as well.

The fenders are nice for sure as well, but if I had to choose 1 I''d go hood 1st.

AZBadseed

Reaction
FullAheadHauler1.jpg
New Skins...Thanks Method Race Wheels and General Tire...Hauler Project for Full Ahead Racing's Trophylite Team

blue dog

Reaction
FREE 67 f100 cab. and frame has doors, cab is striped, good condition. one rust spot in lower back section, rest of cab is good. I think i have the front grill hiding in the land of the lost. Did i mention this is FREE to RDC Peoples. Just a pm away, located in Long beach near the traffic circle.

Attachments

wyoming4x4

Reaction
hello fello ford guys, been awhile. Liking all the old iron photos. some great builds and projects. Currently the 1970 crew 4wd has evolved some. Currenlty fast fuel injection 2.0 on the way and 3.0 fox shocks 14" for my f250. upolstry is pretty much done. I have upgraded the front suspension with autofab adjustable coil buckets. the truck is evolving and will have some photos soon. snow is kicking my azz lately and gonna be -18 tonight. parts on the way and once all here get them on the truck. need to build shock hoops and other fab work also. gonna be a cool truck. Yes autofab john kicks azz, like the old iron!

wyoming4x4

Reaction
New question on ford trucks and old iron. has anybody ever upgraded a bumpside to TTB suspension 4wd stuff. Out here in wyoming 4wd is mandatory in winter months. got this in my head on next build for a bumpside truck. have a good evening from wyoming.

wyoming4x4

Reaction
In the beginning photos from the grave! Its kinda turning into a chase truck application. Cool old truck with some ability. hope you like and thanks autofab! these are older photos and soon it will be rolling and driving across the country. Build it drive it use it. its has a goose neck hook up in flatbed also! forgot ZF transmission z-42 4wd with 205 behind it! 4wheel disc brack also for towing and hydroboost brakes.

Attachments

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
New question on ford trucks and old iron. has anybody ever upgraded a bumpside to TTB suspension 4wd stuff. Out here in wyoming 4wd is mandatory in winter months. got this in my head on next build for a bumpside truck. have a good evening from wyoming.
Not a bumpside, but the closest thing I've ever seen to what I want to build next.

Started life as a 2wd, supercab short bed. Ended up with a crew cab and d50 TTB. It's fully caged and on 39's

Then there is also the blue, '78 crew cab that they converted to d50ttb. There is a build thread for this one on here somewhere

Attachments

wyoming4x4

Reaction
now my next build will be like yours. TTB front end and thinking another 70's crewcab. really like your truck!!!!!!!!! KOOL!

wyoming4x4

Reaction
Not a bumpside, but the closest thing I've ever seen to what I want to build next.

Started life as a 2wd, supercab short bed. Ended up with a crew cab and d50 TTB. It's fully caged and on 39's

Then there is also the blue, '78 crew cab that they converted to d50ttb. There is a build thread for this one on here somewhere
this is a cool truck i want it!

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Neither one of those trucks are mine. Just what I want to build once my current one is done.

Current one is a '74 4wd that is being built as more of a toy rig & family hauler. It's got the cummins diesel, NV4500 trans, divorced 205, a d60 front and sterling 10.5 rear.

Next one I want to be more of a go fast type build.

(*edit - a few more pics in post #115, page 12)
Here's the current one:

wyoming4x4

Reaction
I love these trucks! Here is mine. Not a pre-runner but it sure is a lot of fun.
yes i like the old fords. I got a 77 ford 4wd built up very strong! linked front suspension air ride, stout big block and winches frt/rear and air lockers. pretty much everything a old ford needs. stout C6 with all the internal goodies also 205. it hauls azz also if needed. this is my first truck i ever bought and has evolved over the yrs. Now its a mountain truck in wyoming for huntin season, bowhunter!

Attachments

bootleg1

Reaction
Finished rebuilding the front end and dropped the new motor and trans in. Building the new core support and gonna hang the fenders. Need to drive it until we make sure all the bugs are out. Then I'll head to the backend. Just hoping for a nice little chase truck.

Attachments