1969 Charger R/T 440 - Barn Find

Bassman

Reaction
I have an elderly aunt and uncle that have a 69' R/T 440 727. They are the original owners. It's been stored in a barn for years. I haven't seen it yet but is supposedly original paint and in fine running condition. My wife was visiting with them today and due to health issues they wish to sell it. I have been tasked with helping them. Does anyone here have any mopar muscle car knowledge to share??

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Wow sounds BA!!!! Def keep it and give it a lil' TLC:)

michael_loomis

Reaction
OR run it thru Barrett Jackson. :)

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Dude... that sounds like a great car. Post up some pictures. I love old Mopars.

43mod

Reaction
get pics just as it is,do not try to make it better.mopar people are nuts for everything being original even if it was crappy to begin with.find all the paperwork they can come up with.that is probably 20k car if it were junk if it is some oddball coler combo with with some other weird option it could be 100k

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
My pops has a numbers match low mileage hemi. The more true to stock the better. There are lots of mopar forums with tons of dudes who know the real deal on these cars. Ours has been valued at lik 90k or something. All options, luxury package, big motor etc.

If ya wanna sell it let me know.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
I have an elderly aunt and uncle that have a 69' R/T 440 727. They are the original owners. It's been stored in a barn for years. I haven't seen it yet but is supposedly original paint and in fine running condition. My wife was visiting with them today and due to health issues they wish to sell it. I have been tasked with helping them. Does anyone here have any mopar muscle car knowledge to share??
Let's go for a drive!!!!!:D

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
OR run it thru Barrett Jackson. :)
X2!

If they are the original owners then chances are they still have the original bill of sale and all the paper work. That increases the value of the car for a collector a bunch!

And get some pics asap.

DuaneH

Reaction
Nice!

Pics and take your time when you advertise....some Mopar guys would love to have that car!

07FJRog

Reaction
Keep it and clean her up.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Nah....69 Chargers are dime a dozen...not worth very much.

But I like to help you out and give you $1000. :)

JK...

curtnrod19

Reaction
Mike, thats all? i got a dog(maybe 2, adopting one hopefully), wife(might as well be), and about 20,000 pesos ill give ya! easy to figure out, im your best option.

CB*

Last edited:

AaronB

Reaction
http://www.moparts.com

That would be the website to ask. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 40,000, but that's a random guess. It depends a lot on the options and color combo.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Restore it then sell it at one of the big auctions!!!

Mark Newhan

Reaction

manicmechanic

Reaction
Does that have the folding panel behind the back seat into the trunk?
Thats how I got into my first Fritz the cat movie!!!

Reaction
if you dont want it, here is what you do.......take it directly to a classic car appraiser, dont clean it, dont touch it, just load it on a trailer and have it appraised, then take it to the auction and sell it for 50K......dont clean it, dont mess with it, just sell it with the dirt and dust......contrary to popular belief it will sell better at an auction this way because people KNOW its a real barn car......cause if you restore it and try to sell it you better plan on spending 50K to do it right......paint, body, door gaps uneven like factory, lead filled wavy C pillar, correct battery, im talking even digging the guy up out of the grave that put the chalk marks on the firewall and frame and having him do it again........yes, mopar freaks are that bad.......

HardCharger81

Reaction
Sometime the build sheets are under the rear seat cushion. That'll make it worth more.
Thats where mine was on the Charger I owned. My car wasnt numbers matching,
but when I found that sheet, it made it worth more to the guy that bought it.

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
Even though the one in the movie was a 68 I can't help but think of the movie Bullitt when I see this car. I would definitely paint it black but not get air in it like the movie.

But would definitely lay some rubber down like I was Hollywood stuntman Bill Hickman!!!