1973 chevy 2500: buildable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glamiskid395

Reaction
im still trying to find a truck to build into a 1450/1400 class truck.
ive found a 1973 chevy 2500 regular cab long bed, with a 454 (pre-smog).

the front suspension
is there a company that has built a front end for this?
im sure there isn't but i still want to find out for sure, otherwise i will just use a new style chevy front end, and weld the brackets into the right spots.

the engine
would a 454 be a good engine to race, or should i drop a 305 or 350 crate motor into it?

the body
does any fiberglass company make bedsides, fenders, and a hood for that old of a truck?

If anyone has other suggestions about building this truck into a race truck, please let me know.

thanks,
Mike

Reaction
My suggestion would be to buy an existing 1400/1450 truck. By your questions I can see you are not prepared or equipped to build a truck, but for practice you could try throwing $100 bills into a fire.

glamiskid395

Reaction
thanks i think...
ive thought about buying an already built truck, but did not like the idea.
your right, i dont know a whole lot about desert racing, but once i find a truck to build off of, my buddy Mike who has been racing jeepspeed for a few years and knows quite a bit will help me out on building and racing my truck.

Reaction
I just think you will find it cheaper, more fun and a lot easier to buy an existing truck.

glamiskid395

Reaction
i know it will be cheaper, but i would rather build my own truck, that way i know how everything is put together and all that good stuff.
i think it will be fun to build a truck because i like to take things apart, and weld, and just work on vehicles.

Reaction
Buy an existing 1450 and learn from that; then build your truck. You'll save a ton of bucks and time. You'll need to do plenty of "taking thins apart, and welding, and just working on it".

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Buy an existing 1450 and learn from that; then build your truck. You'll save a ton of bucks and time. You'll need to do plenty of "taking thins apart, and welding, and just working on it".
x2! Much cheaper and you will learn a bunch.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
Thats what I plan to do eventually. Plus you can buy a truck and race it/drive it til it breaks....then figure out how to fix it and make it better or put it back together

Status
Not open for further replies.