• Forum membership has its advantages....

1980 Mexicali 250

tntrace

its been a long time since i posted, i had to change my profile my old email wouldnt work and i forgot password . anyway im sure its a long shot but im looking for the starting order/entry list for the 1980 mexicali 250 specifically class 7, im trying to trace lineage on an old racer i bought , Thanks TNT Tim

TROPHYSEDAN

TNT. Welcome back.

harleys dad

i believe i have the program for that race, will look in the morning

TNT race photo

got some good info at offroad nights in elcajon car show, the last owner is said to have bought from jim conner, i called jim he wasnt good for much, cleaned it up a bit , spent couple years going threw it without doing destroying patina,would love to see some race photos, found a 1980 mexicali 250 finisher plate under an inch of rat poop on the floor, numbering looks similar to ivans early toyota, black went on early numbers are on top of that color , original color is that golden yellow datsun 1974

Attachments

DuaneH

Very cool find! I saw this at the show and was wandering who owned it and where it was found. The hood gave it away as a Jim Conners hood(Had one on my 77) There was a time that I had the exact model truck, and some guy named Steve Fenton and I built and raced one in the FUD races in the late 80's.......Whats the plan?

TNT race photo

Very cool find! I saw this at the show and was wandering who owned it and where it was found. The hood gave it away as a Jim Conners hood(Had one on my 77) There was a time that I had the exact model truck, and some guy named Steve Fenton and I built and raced one in the FUD races in the late 80's.......Whats the plan?
im not sure , got some time and money into it , its plated maybe just drive it, it will need a lot of work to be raceable agian, steve fenton sounds familiar D38 guy?

Charlietuna

im not sure , got some time and money into it , its plated maybe just drive it, it will need a lot of work to be raceable agian, steve fenton sounds familiar D38 guy?
yes, Steve Fenton was/is a D38 guy...VP of the chapter and I think the head of Roadrunner Racing club.

Cool truck, BTW....

DuaneH

Yep Steve and I go back about 46 years, families grew up together and his boys and mine are still really good friends. Steve, his brothers Greg and Brad all raced out at D38.