1987 Toyota Class ???

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
Hello good people of RDC, I was hoping someone could help shed some light on this race truck. I figured this would be the place. Thanks in advance for any history/info/knowledge you can share.

Toyota Race Truck

Last edited:

TRichards

Reaction
7100 class for Best in the desert. Front end isnt stock for 7SX in SCORE but fine for sportsman. Good luck. for the price its not bad. Tubing may be to small for the weight. 1.5" tubing is only good to 3000 lb. It doesnt mean that the inside main tubes couldnt be changed. Its only metal.

jowoog

Reaction
thats more of a play truck / prerunner . .

MARXICO

Reaction
Roll cage tubing size rule only applies to SCORE....Race sportsman and enjoy
Giti Gowland won a couple of SCORE championships in a rig just like that same concept same size roll cage
Get some seat time at local events before you spend a small fortune at the bigger shows

Last edited:

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
image.jpeg
Thanks for the replys, and yes the idea is to run some fun races in sportsman with the family/friends and hopefully vintage open at the Mint, like my Grandpa did in '68 !

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
My family and I purchased it in Colorado from a non-off road guy, it has been there for about three years (maybe more?) I have no other history on the truck so anything helps.

J Prich

Reaction
That's awesome Rick, please give me any history/info you have. PM me if you like.
We're Vegas based with a 7100/Class 2000 truck (2004 Tacoma). Happy to chat any time.

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
Thanks Mr. Prich, I'm sure we will be talking in the near future. I will make sure to come introduce myself at the next race I see you at.
...and just to clarify, me and the family / friends are no strangers to off road racing, just strangers to this "new" truck lol. we've been involved for 3 generations now, hoping to make it 4 !!!

Rickb801

Reaction
Lazy- H please send me a pm. I typed a lengthy reply and lost it and dont have time right now to re type it

J Prich

Reaction
Thanks Mr. Prich, I'm sure we will be talking in the near future. I will make sure to come introduce myself at the next race I see you at.
...and just to clarify, me and the family / friends are no strangers to off road racing, just strangers to this "new" truck lol. we've been involved for 3 generations now, hoping to make it 4 !!!
All good, definitely didn't mean to question credentials or experience personally. Just to share that we have some experience racing in the classes your truck would likely race in so happy to share any info that might be helpful to you.

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
All good, definitely didn't mean to question credentials or experience personally. Just to share that we have some experience racing in the classes your truck would likely race in so happy to share any info that might be helpful to you.
hahahaha no worries Mr. Prich, just giving some background and thanks for the support from you as well as others who have replied, it's much appreciated

JasonHutter

Reaction
We used to race against that truck when it was racing in the BORE Series in northern Nevada a few years back. We were racing our 7s truck in the Mini Truck class BORE had... I can get you in touch with the guy who owned it back then as well (He is on Facebook and that would be the easiest way to get you in touch with him). He raced it for many years and I'm sure knows a lot about the truck. I'm pretty sure he sold it to someone in Wyoming and then it was sold to a guy in Grand Junction, CO who is probably who you bought it from.

Jason

JasonHutter

Reaction
I'm pretty sure those were our old fenders on that truck! We had a race where we rolled the truck and had a little tangle with a Class 8 truck and we were going to trash them. The guy who owned the truck you have was a body and paint guy so he took them and fixed them! We switched to the Tacoma fiberglass after that weekend of smashing our truck!

Jason

Attachments

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
We used to race against that truck when it was racing in the BORE Series in northern Nevada a few years back. We were racing our 7s truck in the Mini Truck class BORE had... I can get you in touch with the guy who owned it back then as well (He is on Facebook and that would be the easiest way to get you in touch with him). He raced it for many years and I'm sure knows a lot about the truck. I'm pretty sure he sold it to someone in Wyoming and then it was sold to a guy in Grand Junction, CO who is probably who you bought it from.

Jason
WOW great info and pictures thanks Jason, Rickb801 also informed me of some cool history as well.
from Rickb801: "The truck was originally built by fab tech when fab tech was just a small fabricator. Rumor has it that the front suspension was the original fab tech ivan dan kit that fab tech help develop. Further rumor is that it is the origiinal ivan dan truck. I was never able to substantiate that."