• Forum membership has its advantages....

1988 SCORE Baja 1000

Bredbaker

As long as a lot of people are home with time on their hands, does anyone out there have a entry list or results (prefer both) from the 1988 1000? Need for research on the Bronco Racing book.
Bonus points, does anyone remember the female journalists who ran the event in a Bronco?

Bredbaker

ORMHOF has been digitizing the Dusty Times archives.

We havent gotten to 1988 but I called in a favor and Barbara is looking for the info you are looking for.

Shameless plug, the Hall is looking for partners to help fund the project. There is advertising opportunities available.

Thanks!
That Dusty Times archive is very cool, hope someone can step up and sponsor it.

Sue Mead says it was not her in that race.

Moss2

I'm not sure if he is still around but his website is up. Superhunky.com Rick Siemen was racing his version of BIg Oly later model bronco then and a journalist so he probably would know or where to find the info. That was one of the first races I spectated and post ran a good chunk of the course but don't recall that particular bronco.

Bredbaker

I'm not sure if he is still around but his website is up. Superhunky.com Rick Siemen was racing his version of BIg Oly later model bronco then and a journalist so he probably would know or where to find the info. That was one of the first races I spectated and post ran a good chunk of the course but don't recall that particular bronco.
Yes, his website is still up.

Bro_Gill

Yes, and the ran into a dump truck approaching the finish line in Ensenada and finished with steam and smoke coming from the smashed front end of the Bronco. Then jumped out of the Bronco at the finish line and ran away from it yelling for everyone to get back because it could explode. It was kind of comical. I think they were writing about the experience for Road and Track if I remember right.