• Forum membership has its advantages....

1989 Fireworks 250

Mojave Traveler

I never could have imagined being able to share these videos with so many people. The internet was a surprise, to say the least. I'm just glad that it's possible, however it came to be.

One race i always looked forward to every year was the Fireworks 250. It didn't have the grandiosity of the Mint 400 or the big Baja races, but it had a laid back charm of it's own. A fun,easy event for the racers, and a great race for spectating.

bajaboy7

Thank you so much for posting all of these videos!!!! Takes me back to the highlights of my childhood!
Specifically my dad and I drove down from our cabin in Big Bear to spectate this race when I was 10 years old. In contingency Robby almost ran me over because I was not paying attention. My dad had called ahead to have Fox bring a valving washer kit to the race for him. My mom was pretty blown away at a box of washers that cost $250. I also got my day-glo yellow/green Fox Racing Shox hat. We spectated a bit and then made our way over to a checker pit to help out and see my dad's buddy Gary Bates. Oh what wonderful memories you have brought back for me.

Mojave Traveler

Thank you so much for posting all of these videos!!!! Takes me back to the highlights of my childhood!
Specifically my dad and I drove down from our cabin in Big Bear to spectate this race when I was 10 years old. In contingency Robby almost ran me over because I was not paying attention. My dad had called ahead to have Fox bring a valving washer kit to the race for him. My mom was pretty blown away at a box of washers that cost $250. I also got my day-glo yellow/green Fox Racing Shox hat. We spectated a bit and then made our way over to a checker pit to help out and see my dad's buddy Gary Bates. Oh what wonderful memories you have brought back for me.
You're welcome! Thank you for sharing your memories of the race! That's awesome!..This is what i'm posting these videos for. I have a few more videos from 1989. Stay tuned! :)

TROPHYSEDAN

Thank you for the flash backs. so cool to see the slower classes. i have David Bryans jeep. the red one. keep up the good work. again thank you

redrdr67

Thanks for making me feel young again. But no thanks for making me realize how old I am. j.k.

Great stuff though. Seems to be around the turnaround times when the trucks were starting to get faster than the class 1's.

Mojave Traveler

I was in my early twenties the last time i watched these vids..Now i'm just a few years away from the "senior discounts"..LOL....I'm posting the 1995 Fireworks 250 next!..It's a good one. :)

Mojave Traveler

I took a look through my tapes and all i could find was the '87,'88,'89,'90,'92,'95,'96,'00,and a BITD Parker 425 from about '01 or '02..It's possible i have 1991 but it's just not labeled on the tape.If i come across it i'll let ya know..I have a lot of races from '91.

TRichards

1991 parker was my first race ever in a 7S truck. I have never seen a video from that race. Thanks for posting these. Way too cool.

Mojave Traveler

1991 parker was my first race ever in a 7S truck. I have never seen a video from that race. Thanks for posting these. Way too cool.
You're welcome! I'm so stoked everyone is liking the old stuff. I really wish i could have told you for sure that i have that year Parker. There's a chance i may have it though... I'm loading up the 1995 Fireworks 250 right now. :)