• Forum membership has its advantages....

1990 Gold Coast 300

Mojave Traveler

Ivan stalls it after he wins it. Walker slams it before he passes it. Robby tries to dodge a Ram before he rams a Dodge. It was good weather and great racing. It was the 1990 Gold Coast 300. Presented here for your viewing pleasure, it's a nostalgic burger with a side of historic awesomeness to satisfy your dusty cerebrum taste buds..Take a look, look takers.

J Prich

Where was the start finish for this? Can't place it. Jean?

Mark Newhan

IMG_0904.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
Do you have any footage from '93?

This was my first truck built in a garage. I raced SF250 that years in class 1 and won my first SCORE race and 4th ever race. I was 25. I went on to race Gold Coast that year and broke on the last lap running around 7-8 OA.

Last edited:

sb4pro

Different truck, throw back paint on the prerunner ... she would've been like 8 years old when those pics were taken.
Lmao it's one of my fav parts of the vid , love how she just waves away the guy in the Escalade Like talk to me when you get a REAL truck . Lol

Mojave Traveler

View attachment 183259 View attachment 183260 Do you have any footage from '93?

This was my first truck built in a garage. I raced SF250 that years in class 1 and won my first SCORE race and 4th ever race. I was 25. I went on to race Gold Coast that year and broke on the last lap running around 7-8 OA.
Cool!!..I don't have any home video from '93, but i may have video that was televised..The truck looks familiar.

sb4pro

Guess what I found on YouTube lol . I knew I had it buried in my favs list somewhere .

Rory

Crayola Killer
View attachment 183259 View attachment 183260 Do you have any footage from '93?

Hey Mark, That's where i was standing when i shot this photo? Who shot that one?

Pat Dean 93 GC300.PNG

Lewis, do you have the 1987 GoldCoast 300 race on video? I have it but the copy is too far gone. It has a lot of good footage of the Ivan Stewart Toyota. Rory

Mark Newhan

Hey Mark, That's where i was standing when i shot this photo? Who shot that one?

View attachment 183264

Lewis, do you have the 1987 GoldCoast 300 race on video? I have it but the copy is too far gone. It has a lot of good footage of the Ivan Stewart Toyota. Rory
I don't remember where I even got them.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Bill Thompson from Carrera was standing next to us, maybe you got it from him.

Mojave Traveler

Guess what I found on YouTube lol . I knew I had it buried in my favs list somewhere .
WOW!!..She's gorgeous!..I'd jump at the chance to take her for a ride...But enough about the truck...the chick with the 'stang ain't too bad lookin' either :D

Mojave Traveler

View attachment 183264

I do, but it's not the best..My old cable provider had satellite problems at the worst times..It has bad static at the beginning, but it clears up before the race starts..At the end of the race it has intermittent static for a minute or two..I'll post it up though.