• Forum membership has its advantages....

1991 HDRA Desert Championships

Mojave Traveler

OK thank you , great videos'.
Thanks!..lots, lots,lots more to come...I got involved with desert racing in 1986, so any races before that i had to catch in reruns..Plus i didn't even own a vcr until about 1985..lol..I do have a few old vids though.

redrdr67

Thanks Mojave Traveler. I know I was at one of those events spectating. Hotter than hell with no place to hide. Also nice to hear the ESPN speedworld into music again.

Mojave Traveler

Thanks Mojave Traveler. I know I was at one of those events spectating. Hotter than hell with no place to hide. Also nice to hear the ESPN speedworld into music again.
Yes!..I always loved that tune, with the little race cars perfectly timed with the horns..lol

harleys dad

the Baja I won with was used in the intro endowing at the Nevada 400 for a year

Mojave Traveler

That looked like one heck of a collar-bone-breaking kinda impact. I'll never forget watching that over and over in all the intros for the televised races. Makes ya cringe..lol

Rory

Crayola Killer
Funny story from that race. I was spectating the race and not enjoying it because we were so far away from the race course you could hardly see the cars. I was talking to Rob MacCachren about it and he says to me "Just throw a spare tire in the back of your truck and a floor jack, pretend you're a pit crew and go out to the pit area next to the course". For some reason they did not have pit passes back then so we just pulled my truck in line behind Roger Mears' Nissan pit crew and followed them out to the track. I think Rob even lent us a jack and a tire and me and a friend spent the rest of the weekend next to the race track taking pictures. Good times.....

redrdr67

Must have been hotter than I thought at those events. Looks like I went to both. Here's the other official program.
WS02.jpg

harleys dad

That looked like one heck of a collar-bone-breaking kinda impact. I'll never forget watching that over and over in all the intros for the televised races. Makes ya cringe..lol
it was, but it was not me driving in the crash, my friend Lee Wystoff rolled us out of the lead. Talk about damage but no one was hurt but major work to fix it as it bent the front end and cage but it is proof anything can be fixed. I should have thrown it away but didnt

Mojave Traveler

it was, but it was not me driving in the crash, my friend Lee Wystoff rolled us out of the lead. Talk about damage but no one was hurt but major work to fix it as it bent the front end and cage but it is proof anything can be fixed. I should have thrown it away but didnt
Great to hear no one was seriously injured. Racing is all about fun and everyone getting back home safe and thinking about the next race.

TROPHYSEDAN

We built the track . good times.

Robert Encinas

Thank you for posting that video ! I havent seen that since it originally aired on ESPN. I forgot how much footage of us they showed.