1991 Nevada 500

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
This video is short and sweet. The race ran one big loop, so i only got the chance to film everyone going out at the Crystal Rd. crossing. Plus my camera battery died about the time the 7 trucks came through..The intense heat and the fact it didn't have a fresh charge probably had something to do with that.

A friend and i drove to contingency on Friday and hung out around Pahrump for most of the day. We headed into Vegas later on in the day, had dinner at a buffet, and then checked out some sights around town.We weren't old enough to gamble yet..lol..At the time, the Volcano at the Mirage was still the biggest attraction on the strip, as the Mirage was only a few years old still. Later on that night, we went back over to Pahrump and probably got less than 2 hours sleep. Trying to fall asleep in a bucket seat the night before a race isn't easy..lol.. We were up and stirring around long before the sunrise. So, by the time the race vehicles had passed the road crossing, we were tired, beat,in need of a shower, and dreading the 3 hour drive home, part of which was going through death valley to Baker...and it was hot....Africa hot.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
We have the same footage you do. My buddy was right next you Filming and I was taking pictures to the right of you..........hahahahhahaha.

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
We have the same footage you do. My buddy was right next you Filming and I was taking pictures to the right of you..........hahahahhahaha.
lmao...I noticed two other people filming the race in my video..I was curious to know if they still had their video..lol..There was actually a nice spot in a canyon farther up course, but we opted for the road crossing because of the jump..Did you stay for the finishers?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Yes. We went back to the hotel in Pahrump and kicked it by the pool until the cars were due back in. We sat at the road crossing again until Rob Mac came through then followed him in. His trans was going through a gallon of trans fluid ever 5 miles or so. The guy with the long hair and SCORE tank top filming was my buddy. I was down course with the grey hat on after the race cars would pass your spot (kneeling on the ground taking photos).

toddz

Reaction
One of my favorite seasons of racing - so many iconic and memorable vehicles in that clip. One of the few times the Class 1 Nissan ran. Rob Mac certainly won the most awesome jump award.

Todd Z.

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
One of my favorite seasons of racing - so many iconic and memorable vehicles in that clip. One of the few times the Class 1 Nissan ran. Rob Mac certainly won the most awesome jump award.

Todd Z.
Looked like the axle came out and was floppin' around on the Nissan..I think somebody picked that truck up for real cheap not too long ago if i'm not mistaken..Rory should know..lol...I'm posting up the '88 Parker 400 in the morning. Lots of great classic cars/trucks in that one!