1992 American Racing Wheels 250

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
What a great day for racing. The conditions were perfect with the sun shining on a rain soaked course and that uniquely awesome fresh scent of the wet creosote bush lingering in the air.

Last edited:

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Great videos as always and thanks for posting them up! With that being said I think it was called the "Ultra Custom Wheels 250"...... :D

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
Great videos as always and thanks for posting them up! With that being said I think it was called the "Ultra Custom Wheels 250"...... :D
Thanks Rory!..Lots more to come my RDC brother!...Ya know, for years i thought it was the So-Cal 250 because that's what i had written on the tape..lol...I had to look it up in the Dusty Times to see what it actually was..They called it the "American Racing Custom Wheels 250"..If i goofed, they goofed first, so i'm blaming my goof on their goof..lol

retroblazer

Reaction
Really cool mix of cars in this video Ragland was in a class by himself. The Class 6 stuff is awesome. I pretty sure we see Evan Evans at 9:13. The Class 3 battle between LeDuc/Jeep and White/ Chevy Blazer is wild. An underpowered long travel Jeep versus no travel leaf springs and V8 horsepower. Later that year Savage allowed White to go to the Ifs/ torsion bar set-up.

Again, great video of a transitional time in off road racing.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Josh 8

Reaction
I must be getting old. All the people in the video look well,... Normal. Laugh out loud.

Any body else notice that? I don't see any flat billers, tatted out freaks or strippers.

Ha, the good old days.

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
I must be getting old. All the people in the video look well,... Normal. Laugh out loud.

Any body else notice that? I don't see any flat billers, tatted out freaks or strippers.

Ha, the good old days.
I think all the flat billers were still in the "909" at this time.

Josh 8

Reaction
Actually I think it was still the 714 back then.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Josh8, I think you're right. About the only strippers would have been in the Checkers pits. And flatbill hats ruined mullets, so...