1994 powerstroke need more power what do I do?

Jerry

Reaction
Just bought it. First powerstroke made. I need to know what performance mods to do. I tried the search device but it didn't yield much. Please be specific because there isn't much listed for the old ones online.

Blue Man

Reaction
I have a 97 PSD, Tymar exhaust, Tymar intake, guages (boost,pyro,trans), DP tuner, when trans takes a dump-John Woods out of Holtville builds killer trannys and get DP tuner there also.

Sites

Reaction
Agreed on the DP Tuner. I've got one for my 02 Excursion and had one for my old 02' F250. Best diesel tuner period.

www.dptuner.com

GHARACING

Reaction
I have a 97 PSD, Tymar exhaust, Tymar intake, guages (boost,pyro,trans), DP tuner, when trans takes a dump-John Woods out of Holtville builds killer trannys and get DP tuner there also.
jody tipton is a great tuner, and if you get a trans definatly go with john w!

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Just bought it. First powerstroke made. I need to know what performance mods to do. I tried the search device but it didn't yield much. Please be specific because there isn't much listed for the old ones online.
I have a 95 that runs real strong. They did not come with intercoolers so that's the first thing to look for. I went with a Banks system that included a large intercooler (bigger than the OEM ones that came on the Super Dutys), different turbo housing, bigger downpipe (requires air hammer to firewall to clearance), full exhaust, and of course a piggyback chip (this is OBD-I so the tuners don't work, need a piggyback chip). Mine makes 630lb-ft and 300hp which is about double what the stock 94-95 Powerstrokes had. 260k miles and still pulls strong. Great truck.

Jerry

Reaction
sorry guys the stupid truck is not a powerstroke. I feel so stupid the guy swore it was and so I sent my dad to get it. When I got it it said 7.3 on the side so I assumed. Didnt figure it out until the programmer didnt work......

Dezertpilot

Reaction
So what is it Jerry?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I have been watching this post to see what was going to happen thinking that it MAY have been a early powerstroke. It is a 7.3 navistar with mechanical injection and a ATS turbo on it from the factory ford did this in 1994 to meet emmision standards the powerstoke was not ready yet. The thing will run if you have sombody change the injectors,mod the injector pump and replace the turbo they are a little soggy out of the hole and they don't pull anything like the 95 and up powerstrokes. but be real careful with the trans I'ts a real turd they had a real the taste for converters and the overdrive could not handle much more than a stout 460 gasser.
I would pass on this thing.

Jerry

Reaction
Its a manual transmission.... Who do I talk to about doing those changes, any referals for me.

mkiefer

Reaction
Talk to John Woods. He will get you hooked up. www.jwtt.com/

Jerry

Reaction
Here is the rig. I built the flat bed for it but it isnt done yet.