On Topic 1995 Bronco: The Nuclear Unicorn

Andy Jones

Reaction
Took the unicorn to the Temecula Off Road Nights show.!
fa2b2fce41ee37e7d9a3cc928390434d.jpg

Super fun time !

Also took her out on some trails with the Family! She did great on the rough Jeep Trails.. Just trying to beat on her a little bit before our long hauls to Barstow and on the Mojave Rd. trail trip we have planned.!
3ff2ffa3b11ecd6088e730ce809c633d.jpg

218d255504818e6327d157a671d33dcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Looks great! I'd love to do a Bronco in the future.

Andy Jones

Reaction
Did the Desolate Motorsports Dirt Pony run in the ol Nuclear Unicorn ! Super Rad time!!
IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Barstow DelTaco photo.
IMG_0309.jpg

Bath time!
IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

I’m madly in love with my Bronco, right now. After 5 years of blood, sweat, and tears. She’s an absolute BLAST !! The wife and kids are in joying every minute as well.!

anthonyperez_pm

Reaction
Wow! Awesome job! Im currently starting to build my 96 Bronco. If possible can you give some details on your build? Looking for real world suggestions feedback.....
Do you have a locker or spool? If locker which one?
How much wider are the beams and rear end? Thanks in advance!

Andy Jones

Reaction
Wow! Awesome job! Im currently starting to build my 96 Bronco. If possible can you give some details on your build? Looking for real world suggestions feedback.....
Do you have a locker or spool? If locker which one?
How much wider are the beams and rear end? Thanks in advance!

Thank you!
3.5” Full Floater rear end housing with Jamar 40 spline hubs and Spool. 4:88 gears front and rear.
4” wider per side up front
3” wider per side out back.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Nice bronco. I like the older big Broncos and Blazers. Looks to be a well thought out build.
Do you project any frame issues as time goes on? Or did you address it with boxing the frame.
Any issues with the front tires rubbing on the fenders since they don't fully cover the tires? Or do they fold in as the suspension compresses and they clear.

being a solid axle on my Blazer, I don't have that luxury.

Buddy cracked his frame on his Blazer. he did a linked coil over in front.

I'll be out at KoH with my Blazer and a few buddies with theirs.

Andy Jones

Reaction
Nice bronco. I like the older big Broncos and Blazers. Looks to be a well thought out build.
Thank you very much!

Do you project any frame issues as time goes on? Or did you address it with boxing the frame.
I hard faced the frame in multiple locations. I’ll be re-building the entire engine cage section after this season, to tie it into the cab cage area to make it more rigid.

Any issues with the front tires rubbing on the fenders since they don't fully cover the tires? Or do they fold in as the suspension compresses and they clear.
They cycle into the fenders.

being a solid axle on my Blazer, I don't have that luxury.

Buddy cracked his frame on his Blazer. he did a linked coil over in front.

I'll be out at KoH with my Blazer and a few buddies with theirs.
Sweet!! If you seem jammin by, say hi!

Jose Aguinaga

Reaction
Favorite bronco build, really good job. I am planning out my set up now, probably not as wild but I will be doing a stock width/mid travel set up with some desolate TTB parts. I got a couple of questions if I may ask you.

I know you are running 4.88 gears on 37’s, I plan on going 35’s with either 4.56 or 4.88, what would you recommend? I would not like to go bigger tire than 35 because of the high altitude where I live (Around 6k feet above sea level) and the 5.8 pulls all right but definitely lacks power up here.

What else have you done transmission/motor wise? I plan on put a bigger oil cooler on trans and maybe a punisher valve body or shift kit, then shorty headers and a true dual set up for the exhaust, but I’m afraid of it being really slow with the bigger tires. A couple of years ago I regraded with 4.88 a friends Jeep with 37’s and at this altitude it was still pretty slow ☹️

Bert is my name

Reaction
Dual exhaust will push the power band up in the rpm range. A single 3 inch will flow enough and keep the torque curve down low. Also a single will be easier to package due to the fact that getting around a transfer case and drive shaft could prove tricky with duals. Torque is king when it comes to heavy vehicles with big tires. 4.88 gears will help get your pig moving.

Andy Jones

Reaction
Favorite bronco build, really good job. I am planning out my set up now, probably not as wild but I will be doing a stock width/mid travel set up with some desolate TTB parts. I got a couple of questions if I may ask you.

I know you are running 4.88 gears on 37’s, I plan on going 35’s with either 4.56 or 4.88, what would you recommend? I would not like to go bigger tire than 35 because of the high altitude where I live (Around 6k feet above sea level) and the 5.8 pulls all right but definitely lacks power up here.

What else have you done transmission/motor wise? I plan on put a bigger oil cooler on trans and maybe a punisher valve body or shift kit, then shorty headers and a true dual set up for the exhaust, but I’m afraid of it being really slow with the bigger tires. A couple of years ago I regraded with 4.88 a friends Jeep with 37’s and at this altitude it was still pretty slow

Thank you!
Trans and Motor are stock. Minus getting rid of all the smog crap. That’s the next thing I’ll be focusing on. Built motor, trans, and a manual transfer case. Leaning towards a Crate Motor or having a well known builder do mine. With 35” tires I’d stick with 4:56 gears. If you surf Gofastbroncos.com you’ll find a lot of helpful information.

Andy Jones

Reaction
New wheels !
57af19f7b4c2739877765e61996e8e9d.jpg

f89ff090e5fd49b96659f10cd9a05273.jpg

Painted the rear Bumper. Gonna try and paint as much as I can on the rig. Definitely tired of the WD40 sessions.!!

4c0afd620e9ae053d1a5445b33d9822d.jpg

Andy Jones

Reaction
Full 2020 prep going down on the Nuclear Unicorn! Getting ready for a mild desert adventure and then KOH!
Had a new set of rear hangers built for the rear, to my specs. When I'm fully loaded down I was running into my bump zone too soon. So this new rear setup should help me with that. Finally started to paint some of the raw material as well. WD-40 and Scotch Brite SUCKS!!! Got some new plates too!
1C513399-4097-499C-81BE-DFADEE1B8AEF.jpg
IMG_2405.jpg
59979235881__10815214-00C4-4278-855E-4614896E0817.jpg
IMG_2449.jpg
77438D4B-00A5-477F-9DE7-20092AFF5FFA.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg
Adjustments.jpg