1997 f250 with TTB- coilover conversion???

Hrider

Reaction
I have a 1997 f250 diesel with the dana 50 TTB with leaf springs. I'm looking for a better ride.
I was wondering if anyone has heard of one of these trucks being coilovered?
If so does anyone have pictures or contact info or thoughts on this. I'm not looking big amout of travel, 8 inches i would be good with just want a smoother ride. I have a buddy the does fabrication and does good work i just want other opinions.

funinthesun95

Reaction
Go to
http://bajaf250.com/

Then front end coil-over project

This is a sweet build that was posted a little while back. It is similar to what you are talking about. It is an older F250 but has the Dana 50 TTB. I was looking at doing something like this myself on my F250 crew cab tow rig to improve ride.
They do it on the Newer F250 so why not.

Hope it helps

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
No problem, do it. Just design and build the structure well for the upper coilover mount and I'd use a 3" coilover instead of a 2.5 because of the weight of the diesel. Of course you will need radius arms and mounts.

Hrider

Reaction
Yeah thanks. Yeah i was thinking the same thing with the 3.0 coilover. Probably going to be a 8-or 10 inch sway-a-way just depending how much room i have. I really dont want to remove anything in the engine compartment, just to much work and its my daily driver. I know a need to get the front weighed but does anyone know what the spring rate is on a 3.0 shock with a diesel? Beside the following link, anyone else have any pictures of this done.

steveG

Reaction
Go to
http://bajaf250.com/

Then front end coil-over project

This is a sweet build that was posted a little while back. It is similar to what you are talking about. It is an older F250 but has the Dana 50 TTB. I was looking at doing something like this myself on my F250 crew cab tow rig to improve ride.
They do it on the Newer F250 so why not.

Hope it helps

That's a super-cool TTB truck. Simple, to the point and in my opinion, better than a lot of trucks with a lot more bling and buzz words.