1997 ranger build

Kcooper2598

Reaction
This is first build. Admitted novice to fabrication/builds so polite criticism is appreciated.

Start- Totally stock 1997 2wd ranger. 4.0

Current- front arms have +6 threat beams and double cross steering.
Rear is threat 4 link.
Cab is currently being caged by myself.
Rear end is ford 9 inch trussed with qu

I have miller 211 welder, jd2 air over hydro tube bender, plasma cutter and typical shop tools.

I intend to keep it street legal a while.

I am a nuclear mechanic in the navy coupled with 10 years of dirt bikes and a few with a rzr. Fairly mechanically inclined and due my research.

Attachments

GoodGuyMC13

Reaction
I like the wife (girlfriend?) spectating from the shop couch. Mine would be asking if we were going for a ride tomorrow!!

Kcooper2598

Reaction
I like the wife (girlfriend?) spectating from the shop couch. Mine would be asking if we were going for a ride tomorrow!!
Ha i didn't even know she was in there pic. Thats the wife. She has no interest in building parts. Just like to ride haha.

jon coleman

Reaction
solid mount, box back side of oem.frame.and add more landing tubes at all cross memb. and suspens. pick up points. stock frame engineered to ' flex' when you add solid stuff frame is being ' re - engendered' but looks good!, man , i need a concrete slab & an easy - up and im fabbin again.....

jon coleman

Reaction
yeah, floor is too clean, other than that, one day closer to bounce test.looks good

charlie_brown

Reaction
I would have bolted or weld some plate along the frame instead of just welding tabs on the frame. the plate along the frame (strap) would also add some strength to the frame and for the steering box.

looks like a threat ms kit. he has bolt on swing set plates now.

charlie_brown

Reaction
you should start a thread on dezertrangers.com you will get way more response and feed back. and some good fun hazing.

Kcooper2598

Reaction
I would have bolted or weld some plate along the frame instead of just welding tabs on the frame. the plate along the frame (strap) would also add some strength to the frame and for the steering box.

looks like a threat ms kit. he has bolt on swing set plates now.
In retrospect, i totally agree on a plate fur tabs. If i see any sign of trouble, ill cut em of and re do.

Hit nail on the head, it is a threat kit. Dave is an awesome guy.

Kcooper2598

Reaction
Here is a 4th of july update! Not that the 4th matters as every day is independence day. Ill be away for a while on orders so the build will be slow. Recently got wheels and glass mounted. A few aspects are only part done, need to buckle down and finish 1 thing at a time.

Attachments

Kcooper2598

Reaction
The rear wheel studs were 11/16-16 while the front was 1/2-20. Making all 5/8-18 was a major bitch. I ended up having custom 5/8 lugs made by summers brothers for the rear. The front got desolate motorsports 5/8. I drilled out the front to fit the larger stud.