1998 F150 Rollcage Enginecage

robjs111

Reaction
Anybody installed a complete interior, engine cage in a 98 f150 extended cab? Having issues with factory dash, ac heater system, etc with downtubes and windshield tubes. Dash has so many internal components and ac installed on interior of firewall, steering, etc. want to keep factory dash, ac, etc. any help?
thanks.

Alex Paterson

Reaction
H&M built my truck and when they built they told me,

"Alex, you can either have the roll cage in the right place or use the factory dash"

I figured, well I am spending a decent amount of money to make the truck safe and strong so I might as well worry about the dash later on.

A lot of people have built cages around the factory dash but its a sacrifice. You will lose a lot of the factory brackets that hold in the dash which can cause it to rattle and move around. Your AC vents will be in the way and you will have to rework them as well.

In the end I went with a dash from Fiberwerx that I have highly modified and I am not done with. When its done I will post up picks.

Alex

robjs111

Reaction
I am going to go with a Fiberwerx dash as well. Also will cut out inner fender wells, remove factory ac for now, remove factory booster for aftermarket so i can complete engine cage.