1999 ranger body lift

boltonbros

Reaction
i am putting a body lift on a 1999 ranger and all i have is the blocks. besides bolts what else am i going to need. steering componets, radiator hoses, ect. thanks.

tedmales

Reaction
there are adaptors for the steering, radiator hose extensions, bumper drops, gas filler adapters, lots of bolts, and something to make the fan shroud work. without the extra stuff, it might be better just to buy another kit. if the truck has fibreglass, and an electric fan, maybe not, but just the bumper mounts can be a pain. i made one for my old dodge truck because nobody made one at the time and i wanted extra hieght, and it was a pain in the butt. but its not that hard, but unless you want to have a bunch of time into it, and maybe have it sit while you figure out what to make, it just might be worth it to spend a few $$$ on the whloe kit, you will be suprised how hard it will be to find long metric bolts.
thats just my 99Cents.

boltonbros

Reaction
i want the clearence for 33's and i had the blocks laying around. has anyone put a bodylift on this paticular truck that could give me some advice. 1999 ranger 4x4 automatic. thanks

motoxscott

Reaction
I'd call the companies that make them for more help and to get a bill of materials.

-Scott

singlehanded

Reaction
I ran 33s on my ranger before I had the suspension done. front and rear 5" glass is all it took for me, but wouldnt recomend it for that long, was only a couple months

Attachments

01Baja4x4

Reaction
I run 285/75R16's on 16x8 inch rims on a 2001 Ranger 4x4 with no lift. With the front sway bar removed, a custom front bumper, and pulled bedsides it doesn't rub much at all. I rub at full compression up front on the plastic fender liner and under the same conditions in the rear on the inside wheel well. It's no big deal at all. Don't go with an off the shelf body lift if you plan on running the truck very hard.

-Tim