• Forum membership has its advantages....

2.0 Ford.

DBMETALWORX

What's the hp & torque of the 2.0? Where does it redline?

B-Dub 1020

I think we should have more stock motors in class....
The promoters I have talked to have no way of providing inspections nor have the tools to check every kind of stock sealed engine in a protest situation. Different engines means more people trying to cheat etc. I'm starting to think if we could get all promoters to allow any ecu, any exhaust and throttle cable or flyby maybe us eco-tec guys should have our own class. I'm not opposed to the ford and having say 2 sealed engine programs. Maybe its own class with sealed Chevy or Ford engine package and unlimited chasis/car.

Hawkeye

I think your on to something B-Dub. Why fight the 4 or 5 people who insist on using a different motor. Just group up the 30 or more of us with the Ecotech package and have our own large class. Then those left in class 10 can go have a ball with any cheater motor they want to run

Andy4

I dont understand you guys sometimes. If you are trying to control cost the why allow any EFI? I know you dissagreed with me before but watch, you allow open EFI and throttle body then a new ecotec package will be $10k. Also you want to keep your contingency program as good as possible then you should allow all reputable engine builders to have oppotunities to provide engines for your series. I know I mentioned chevy and ford open chasis class but that also has turnkey engine supply written all over it. What is the racers take on having only one engine supplier to buy thier engines from?

B-Dub 1020

Andy I run a stock mephi ignition that seems to work fine, we asked promoters to allow any ignition because there were people that already had motecs and engine tuners for example Danzio that beleived you really needed a motec ignition to acheive maximum results. You can get an eco-tec from anyone you choose you just have to have Wiks , Savage or Turnkey seal it.

CoxTeamRacing

I still have my type IV, and was hoping to get some racing on it before switching out to the eco. Is that going to put me in a different class?

Andy4

Andy I run a stock mephi ignition that seems to work fine, we asked promoters to allow any ignition because there were people that already had motecs and engine tuners for example Danzio that beleived you really needed a motec ignition to acheive maximum results. You can get an eco-tec from anyone you choose you just have to have Wiks , Savage or Turnkey seal it.
How do you feel about having Major Performance, Fat, & Jimenez on the list?

The promoters I have talked to have no way of providing inspections nor have the tools to check every kind of stock sealed engine in a protest situation. Different engines means more people trying to cheat etc. I'm starting to think if we could get all promoters to allow any ecu, any exhaust and throttle cable or flyby maybe us eco-tec guys should have our own class. I'm not opposed to the ford and having say 2 sealed engine programs. Maybe its own class with sealed Chevy or Ford engine package and unlimited chasis/car.
Really? Isn't this what the debate was over in the other thread? I agree that the sealed engines are a great way to get into class 10, but like Andy said ... doesn't it increase the cost quite a bit over the $7k Turn Key price ... making it a $10k engine for most?

Regardless ... I think this is a great idea and could promote even more growth in the class ... allowing the stock sealed engine guys with factory ecu's a spec class, to keep costs down. Then once you want to step up HP as racers can afford it, the can run with the 10 guys that already have the upgrades.

Also, you should be fair and allow any stock sealed engine and stock ecu into class. Just my opinion ... not everyone likes GM or Ford. Pricing and hp are close on all STOCK engines.

Some have a little more hp at high rpm's w/o the ft/lb torque, while others have more ft/lb torque w/o the hp at lower rpm's ... all the same in the big picture.

Fair is fair ... all stock engines/ecu's should be allowed with cubic inch limits.

That's it ... no more input from me, I'll go back to lurking :)

B-Dub 1020

How do you feel about having Major Performance, Fat, & Jimenez on the list?
I have no problem with that Andy and you could all help catch the cheaters with reground cams , headwork etc. , I tried to get Jiminez approved through SNORE and was shot down ask George. Matt and what 2 others are the only one's that did this engine thing because of SCORE rules. They knew everyone elses rules. But did it anyway. Now you want everyone else to change. Quit saying the Honda does not have 60 more HP it does. We are not talking about packages , your cost of getting a ecu from anyone , wiring harness mine from Steve Humphries and there are others , exhaust built by REF or anybody and throttle is extra after buying a wrecking yard or engine off of ebay which many do. Busby, promoters have no way of teching all different types of sealed engines. I suggest go to class 1 and leave the guys that happy alone, all 60 + of them. Please you fuel and engine guys dont go behind the racers back and try to get things changed with promoters without asking the class 10 majority it will hurt your reputation with many I'm thinkin. Maybe we need to just have our own class like class 4 in SCORE with eco-tecs and allow any ecu, exhaust and throttle like me and Hawkeye said. Why the heck are you so bent on changing us. Start your own class , wait Bill Savage already did it for you Thank him I'm tired of hearing it. Dont go against the majority and then want everyone else to change PLEASE.

B-Dub 1020

Hey by the way , I think many of the fastest cars in Laughlin last weekend had standard ecu's so in my book having a Motec is just being able to have an intella dash and tuner preference but no big advantage like other sealed engines would be over the current Honda , Toyota , VW or even eco-tec rules.

Maybe we need to just have our own class like class 4 in SCORE with eco-tecs and allow any ecu, exhaust and throttle like me and Hawkeye said. Why the heck are you so bent on changing us. Start your own class , wait Bill Savage already did it for you Thank him I'm tired of hearing it. Dont go against the majority and then want everyone else to change PLEASE.
I'm not ... Bill ... but you guys just went full circle. Back to what I said in the first place. That what you guys are asking for and built was specifically designated as a class, Class 4. I'm not trying to get you guys to change anything. I just found it humorous that you guys fought me on it when I stated it ... but now that it's your idea, it's great!

Sorry. But if you review what I said ... it was EXACTLY what you are saying now. Have a class for EcoTech's only and open up the ECU's & throttle bodies.

Please you fuel and engine guys dont go behind the racers back and try to get things changed with promoters without asking the class 10 majority it will hurt your reputation with many I'm thinkin.
And before you go making accusations and/or start rumors, please get your facts straight. I have nothing to hide and have never gone behind racers backs.

I have spoken to most of the promoters as I do everytime this year. I need to figure out contingency for my 2012 budget ... I have been very honest here on the forums about that. With that being said, this class was 1 of many topics, class 12 was too.

And in speaking of trying to change things ... SCORE put the rules out there prior to all of these EcoTech builds. It makes sense to a lot of people to run them, therefore Savage built a class specifically for you guys. There wasn't one here stateside, so you ran with 10. Now the 10 cars in Baja want to come play, but there is resistance. Fine ... but I'm calling a spade a spade.

I hope SCORE opens up Class 4 ecu rules for you guys. I hope the other orgs create a Class 4 just for you guys. But to block other racers from stateside classes they have been running already for years simply isn't fair IMO. Sorry.

My .02

Hey by the way , I think many of the fastest cars in Laughlin last weekend had standard ecu's so in my book having a Motec is just being able to have an intella dash and tuner preference but no big advantage like other sealed engines would be over the current Honda , Toyota , VW or even eco-tec rules.
The best part about that is they are completely ok with having the other racers race them (all 2.4's) ... they race them in Baja. They aren't the ones trying to stop the other engine guys from coming stateside. They are ok with it.

I think it's time to just agree that we disagree. Your idea of seperating the two and taking the big field of 60+ every race is a great one. I wish you luck.

When anyone with an EcoTech or other crate engine is ready ... I have a fuel (sorry it's not 3.50/gal) that will create more HP. It's 93 octane.