• Forum membership has its advantages....

2.0 Ford.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Andy I run a stock mephi ignition that seems to work fine, we asked promoters to allow any ignition because there were people that already had motecs and engine tuners for example Danzio that beleived you really needed a motec ignition to acheive maximum results. You can get an eco-tec from anyone you choose you just have to have Wiks , Savage or Turnkey seal it.
I understand the ignition issue, but in reading BITD and SCORE's rules they require all brands of engines to be sealed prior to install in SCORES case. Wouldn't a big impediment to a cheater engine, being to require all sealed engines to run pump gas? That's fairly simple to check.

Andy4

No. You'd be amazed how much you can performance you can get on pump gas with modern engines.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
No. You'd be amazed how much you can performance you can get on pump gas with modern engines.
yes, it will limit compression, but to the bigger point, if you can build a cheater sealed engine for a class 10, and the promoters don't have the folks to police it, then the manufacturer of the engine is totally immaterial, right? So why should there be a separate ET class? Or am I confused?

Andy4

Not understanding your point? Its not that hard to police different sealed engines. As I think there would only 2 or 3 different manufacturer engines that would have the performance for winning.

BUSBY

Scrambler
yes, it will limit compression, but to the bigger point, if you can build a cheater sealed engine for a class 10, and the promoters don't have the folks to police it, then the manufacturer of the engine is totally immaterial, right? So why should there be a separate ET class? Or am I confused?
I agree with all, you/B-Dub/Andy. Having a pump gas engine can benefit from an aftermarket ECU ... and having different engines is immaterial.

If it's stock, then it's stock.

What I think the bigger issue is that most have chosen the EcoTech as their base platform instead of another stock engine that is out there that creates more HP from the MFG ... therefore they are trying to block it. That's what the real story here is. What's funny is the SVO Ford 2.0 that is supported will blow the doors off the others with an aftermarket ECU. Buyer's remorse IMO ... if these guys would have bought a different engine ... they wouldn't be trying to block other stock sealed engines so much.

I do have a fuel that WILL create more HP on the dyno for stock EcoTech's ... have to get final pricing from VP before making announcement.

Sorry guys, calling a spade a spade about the engine issue.

B-Dub 1020

I agree with all, you/B-Dub/Andy. Having a pump gas engine can benefit from an aftermarket ECU ... and having different engines is immaterial.

If it's stock, then it's stock.

What I think the bigger issue is that most have chosen the EcoTech as their base platform instead of another stock engine that is out there that creates more HP from the MFG ... therefore they are trying to block it. That's what the real story here is. What's funny is the SVO Ford 2.0 that is supported will blow the doors off the others with an aftermarket ECU. Buyer's remorse IMO ... if these guys would have bought a different engine ... they wouldn't be trying to block other stock sealed engines so much.

I do have a fuel that WILL create more HP on the dyno for stock EcoTech's ... have to get final pricing from VP before making announcement.

Sorry guys, calling a spade a spade about the engine issue.
Brian you are correct, class 10 racers want an unlimited buggy that has cheap EQUAL Horse power.Thats fair is fair as you say. Before what ruined class 10 is the more money you spent on an engine the bigger advantage you had. Keep the advantage to your prep , shock set up etc. Most 10 teams now a days are strapped financially for racing and prep their cars themselves. I think the majority wants this class to be for the racers that cant afford class 1 or a stepping stone to get to the ultimate class 1 in my opinion and I do not think that theres anything wrong with that. The new class (class 10 /Eco-Tec) kinda catchy instead of Class 4. Actually I talked with the rep from Ford after the BITD awards last Sat and I think somethings up. Merry Christmas brother.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Brian you are correct, class 10 racers want an unlimited buggy that has cheap EQUAL Horse power.Thats fair is fair as you say. Before what ruined class 10 is the more money you spent on an engine the bigger advantage you had. Keep the advantage to your prep , shock set up etc. Most 10 teams now a days are strapped financially for racing and prep their cars themselves. I think the majority wants this class to be for the racers that cant afford class 1 or a stepping stone to get to the ultimate class 1 in my opinion and I do not think that theres anything wrong with that. The new class (class 10 /Eco-Tec) kinda catchy instead of Class 4. Actually I talked with the rep from Ford after the BITD awards last Sat and I think somethings up. Merry Christmas brother.
There are talks about a Class 10 limited and Class 10 open. I do know this. This would give all racers a place to run.

I still think it is a little humorous that the limited guys are fighting the Class 4 designation that SCORE gave the class ... that's all.

I understand wanting a Class 10 car, but the class was never meant to be a budget class. It was supposed to be a step up from 12, below 1.

But in all fairness ... the limited class should allow 2.2's and 2.4's of all makes in my opinion (as stated numerous times before, I know). Not trying to pick a fight.

EcoTech's (in stock form w/ stock ECU's) have been proven to have much more torque on the dyno at lower rpm's. It's true. Honda's (in stock form w/ stock ECU's) have more hp on dyno at high rpm's ... but much less torque.

Ford 2.0's have more torque & hp ... food for thought.

So, with that being said, if I were looking into a new package ... I would look at which best fit my preferences. And ... the limited class should limit it to cubic inches & stock form ... not which mfg made the engine.

B-Dub 1020

There are talks about a Class 10 limited and Class 10 open. I do know this. This would give all racers a place to run.

I still think it is a little humorous that the limited guys are fighting the Class 4 designation that SCORE gave the class ... that's all.

I understand wanting a Class 10 car, but the class was never meant to be a budget class. It was supposed to be a step up from 12, below 1.

But in all fairness ... the limited class should allow 2.2's and 2.4's of all makes in my opinion (as stated numerous times before, I know). Not trying to pick a fight.

EcoTech's (in stock form w/ stock ECU's) have been proven to have much more torque on the dyno at lower rpm's. It's true. Honda's (in stock form w/ stock ECU's) have more hp on dyno at high rpm's ... but much less torque.

Ford 2.0's have more torque & hp ... food for thought.

So, with that being said, if I were looking into a new package ... I would look at which best fit my preferences. And ... the limited class should limit it to cubic inches & stock form ... not which mfg made the engine.
Nicely said Brian , its up to the promoters ultimately. Their rules determine how many race with them and I think they would go with the majority. Watch how many 10 cars do Parker (many say they are) and if a 2.4 in a single seats has a huge advantage like the other Parker race although it should not because this is not a short course race. But if it plays out that way I bet many go where thats not allowed their next race. Just saying

DBMETALWORX

Nicely said Brian , its up to the promoters ultimately. Their rules determine how many race with them and I think they would go with the majority. Watch how many 10 cars do Parker (many say they are) and if a 2.4 in a single seats has a huge advantage like the other Parker race although it should not because this is not a short course race. But if it plays out that way I bet many go where thats not allowed their next race. Just saying
Wik told Smiley that the new 2.2 has only 16 hp less than the 2.4. Food for thought.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Watch how many 10 cars do Parker (many say they are) and if a 2.4 in a single seats has a huge advantage like the other Parker race although it should not because this is not a short course race. But if it plays out that way I bet many go where thats not allowed their next race. Just saying
2.2's should be for single seaters, 2.4's for two seaters. That's a no brainer.

Wik told Smiley that the new 2.2 has only 16 hp less than the 2.4. Food for thought.
We've seen more HP than that between the two on a dyno. But race fuel was being used ... not pump gas.

DBMETALWORX

So, more than a 16hp difference? And was this one of the new 2.2s? I don't know much about it.