2.0 subaru or motor out of a buick grand national

GFC

Reaction
now i can honestly say that i havent spent one ounce of time looking for them so far but thought i would just ask you guys.
how common is it to find these motors in junk yards? i know i have seen a fiew that are already built up for buggies and what not but am looking for a stock one(perferably a twin turbo model) with all of the coputer stuff with it. i also have the opportunity to get a motor out of a buick grand national for reasonably cheep. i realy dont know the specs on the motor but herd that they are a pretty nasty V6 setup. this is going to be for a baja bug and am thinking the weight of a V6 is just too much to have hanging off the back. what do you guyz think?

cleartoy

Reaction
You can bolt up some plates to where the stock motor mount is on the block and base urethane or solid mounts off there to the cage for extra support.

GFC

Reaction
Re: 2.0 subaru or motor out of a buick grand natio

now back to my question.... how common are the 2.0 subaru motors in junk yards?

jeff

Reaction

The little turbo motor from the WRX is pretty common these days and isn't too hard to find at all. Visit www.NASIOC.com and check out the classified section. Same goes for www.i-club.com - I always see guys trying to sell stock motors for conversions and every once and a while someone is selling one from a wrecked WRX. They are a good little motor and would be pretty awesome in the right chassis. I've got a WRX and drive the hell out of it and it's never been in the shop for any repairs. This motor would be perfect for a reliable toy car and with a free exhaust (no cats) will easily make 250hp at the flywheel all day long on regular 92 unleaded. A new set of header, a few intake mods and a flashed ECU and you are looking at almost 300hp on the same 92 unleaded gasoline.

GFC

Reaction

alright!!! the 2.0 is sounding good to me and thanks for the help