2.3 supercharger

bandikook

Reaction
i currently own a ranger with a 2.3 for cylinder. I have seen superchargers for a 2.3 mustang motor. can that be used with my engine. And if so would it be a good idea? thanks for the advice to anyone that replies.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
i dont think that is a good idea because i heard that besides shoving air in when you do a lot of offroading it also gets really congested with dirt and then forces that dirt into the engine which you really dont want.but im not sure if the two are compatible.

<font color=green>That which is, cannot be that which is not except in the minds and hands</font color=green>

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
If your air cleaners doing it's job right, it doesn't matter if you have a turbo or not. An air leak will let in dirt no matter what. On the plus side, everything on the outlet side of the turbo is under pressure when on the throttle. I have yet to see some dirt jump through a hole agianst pressure....

singlehanded

Reaction
What about a power issue would a turbo or supercharger give you the right kind of power you would want for long desert racing mdr/score style?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
A properly size turbo will make good power on the bottom while giving you great top end. Just slaping on any turbo you get from a junk yard may not work right. I built a turbo 22R 4 runner for My old roomate that was runnig 15PSI. It was about the most fun I've had in the dirt. The only problem was keeping it pointed in the right direction.....

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
How much would a properly set up turbo cost for an F1 with a 4.6 liter V-8 (yeah the whimp motor) installed? How much horsepower should be expected and would it be reliable? Also, what is the life span of one of those things?

See ya in the dirt!