• Forum membership has its advantages....

2.4 Ecotec VVT Direct Injection Motor gets dyno time

Jangaard

Got to hang out with Steve Humphrey and his tuners at Shaver Specialties for the last two days while they tuned the 2.4 VVT DI Ecotec. 196 Hp and 184 torque looked pretty good to me.

Has anyone else got this stock motor running yet? If so, what are the numbers you guys are getting?

B-Dub 1020

awesome, was on the phone with Steve this morning and he didnt say anything you secret little buggy dorks!!! Is it just remapping ecu and put it in or other changes , harness connections etc.

Jangaard

awesome, was on the phone with Steve this morning and he didnt say anything you secret little buggy dorks!!! Is it just remapping ecu and put it in or other changes , harness connections etc.
Steve can give you all the details but I can tell you that in my case Steve is building the wire loom so that I can run either DI or non DI Ecotec. I don't want to give away any of Steve's intel, I will let him do that. He is making my system upgradable so I can use either motor. I plan on using the non DI Ecotec for now due to the facts that I already have one, they are still in abundance, and that the power output is so close between the two. But it is nice to know that with my wire loom I can always go to the DI motors such as the 2.4, turbo, and v-6 when the non DI motors get phased out.

B-Dub 1020

Looks like you opened up a can of worms for Ramsey to fish with and all the ECO-TEC engine haters are taken the bait. To bad this new class allows Turbos etc or they could all just go there and run any up to 2.5 liter stock engine with no one checking on the cheaters HAHA!! Now you know why Steve dont post to many pot stirrers LOL