2 Day Tech and Contingency @ The Mint 400

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
According to the schedule of events for the Mint, it looks like tech will be a 2 day event. Anyone know what classes will be which days? Might be good info to know for teams that need to book their hotel rooms according to the tech schedule.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
I saw that as well figured the big teams will be on day two On day one the times are the same for qualifying as tech. But they will roll in latter for pit crew challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

J Prich

Reaction
400 entries, gonna need two days for everyone's sake.

Honda48X

Reaction
They want the fans and the money. My take is they split the TT in half and have 25 on day one and the rest on day two. Ha ha

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
I like the 2 day split for sure. Last year it took us over 8-10 hours to get through tech and I was hammered by the time we finally got through! Lol

Kilian

_
Reaction
According to the schedule of events for the Mint, it looks like tech will be a 2 day event. Anyone know what classes will be which days? Might be good info to know for teams that need to book their hotel rooms according to the tech schedule.
We are figuring out the best strategy here and will have an answer very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

gonzaloe

Reaction
How about two days of racing??????? Long race, follow by a smaller race? I really miss Laughlin! LOL

Jimmy8

Reaction
We are figuring out the best strategy here and will have an answer very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Kil and Matt... Just make sure classes racing on Saturday at 5 AM can go thru on on Thursday. Getting thru contingency at 9 PM and then loading to head to Primm with final prep still to do for a 5 AM start is a bit draining. LOL.

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
pdailey Has my vote!

ACME

Reaction
I wonder what those who race and do tech think, as well as those who have their vehicles on display. Seems it's more about enthusiasts than racers? Remember when racing was about the race/racers and not the show...

Kilian

_
Reaction
I wonder what those who race and do tech think, as well as those who have their vehicles on display. Seems it's more about enthusiasts than racers? Remember when racing was about the race/racers and not the show...
Seems like @Jimmy8 and @pdailey want morning racers to go through tech on Thursday, which I think is a very logical ask.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
If the racers didn't like it I think that the Mint probably wouldn't sell out of race spots (but it does every year).

dirtslinger

Reaction
Also, I heard that there will be display during tech of all the 11 cars??? Truth or just rumor?

vegasloki

Reaction
An 11 car display both days would be cool. What was it a couple years back where that lot at Fremont and LV Blvd had several vintage cars/buggies. It didn't look like an exhibit so much as it looked like a bunch of guys just parked there. Some sort of historical exhibit for not only the history of the event but the history of desert racing would be cool as well.

Honda48X

Reaction
Racers fill hotels but more importantly fans fill hotels, gamble and watch the race. Put the vehicles on display and the fans will come!!!