2 Types of Optimas?

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Hi Everyone,

I've been hearing that the Optima Red Top that Costco sells for $99 may be different from the one you can buy from say Kartek, 4WP, Race Ready, etc.

Does anyone know this for certain? I've been hearing that it is a little different, and I've also heard its the same model.

Thanks a lot,
Jason

ntsqd

Reaction
If I were a manufacturer asked to make a slightly different product for a discount chain, I would make sure there was some distinctive feature that customers could use to tell them apart. Maybe they'd be green tops, maybe they'd have dark grey lower cases when all of the others (except the blue topped Marine starting batt.) have light grey lower cases. I know I'd want to be able to tell them apart for warrenty purposes.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

BeastlyFord

Reaction
I know that you can get the Optima Red Top with or without the side-post attachment points, maybe this is the difference you have been hearing about. The Red Tops without them will cost you less money, usually about 15 bucks. I just picked up a Red Top from Kartek after the old battery in my Z-71 decided to crap out on me.

DMSRACE

Reaction
The ones at costco are less power, I called Jim Conner and he said that he called Johnson Controls and asked. He is a dist. for them and wanted to know what was going on. He said they said it was a one time deal and would not be done again.

Kevin

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....