2002 Taco. Which LT kit is best??

Adv.powersports

Reaction
I just purchased a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner doublecab. Looking for a decent price LT king that will take the abuse. So any info will be greatly appreciated.

Adv.powersports

Reaction
Just wondering, but what make the Caosfab better than the rest? i was already considering it and the camberg kits

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
You need to look at the whole kit and what you get and also how it is constructed....

Taken from another website where this question gets asked all the time....

In a Camburg kit you will get

More wheel travel.
1" uniballs on the lower A-Arm pivots at the frame.
Stronger 17-4 stainless steel hardware.
The ability to run a Coilover, Bypass AND an airbump.
A stronger and lighter box lower A-Arm with more ground clearance near the center of the truck.

All of these superior features making our kit a way better value!

jg009

Reaction
I lol'd. What I'd do is talk to representatives from both companies on the phone or in person (if you can) and tell them what you want your truck and suspension system to do for you and make a choice based on the information you've gathered. Also talk to people who have the systems on their own vehicles and get some first-hand opinions.

miguelitro

Reaction
Both the TC and 'Burg bolt on kits are great, they each have their advantages and you can pick if you want boxed lowers or tube lowers, space for an air bump or want to run a bypass and poly bump(or do some modification to the lower arm for an air bump)
I went with camburg and and am very happy. i know people with TC and they are very happy. i met Nicole at scorpian bay a few years ago, she was really cool. I have had good customer service from the burg.

If i was rich i would have a truck with each one and drive them really hard to see which one broke first:D
Mike

Adv.powersports

Reaction
Would be nice to have 2 trucks equiped with each, but only in dream world. I have a friend with the same truck and has the burg kit and loves it, but of course he has never ran the tc kit to compare either. Unfortunatly it is gonna come down to the almighty $$$. It sucks that i will most likely have base my decision on that, but it reality. Thank you guys for the info. Now i am just more confused.. lol

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Would be nice to have 2 trucks equiped with each, but only in dream world. I have a friend with the same truck and has the burg kit and loves it, but of course he has never ran the tc kit to compare either. Unfortunatly it is gonna come down to the almighty $$$. It sucks that i will most likely have base my decision on that, but it reality. Thank you guys for the info. Now i am just more confused.. lol
Look at what you get in each kit. Look at what those features cost. For instance the 1" uniballs at the lower pivots vs. urethane $300 difference. (These will always be in line with no binding when you align your truck. They will NOT flex under braking, and you get 1.5" of surface area in the frame pivots making them less likely to come out of alignment and reduce cracking).
1 piece uni ball adapter made with 17-4 heat treated stainless $100, quad rapped limit straps $30. (Wont stretch as much, stronger)
Box construction lower a-arm $100. (Stronger and lighter, more ground clearance in the center of the truck).

Also, what coilovers do you guys recommend?
We have specific shocks made to utilize all the travel. We use shocks that have the top cap around the outside of the shock body allowing all the compression travel while still allowing all the droop travel. This is why our kit cycles all 14" of travel. These shocks also have internal spacers in them so there is no way your suspension will bind at droop. I would say in order the first choice is the new FOX shock they make for us to our dimensions the reason why the FOX would be my first choice is because of the stainless steal shafts. They will not rust. Second would be the Sway-A-Way shocks, then third would be the king.

blacktaco666

Reaction
about the coilovers... sure get whichever one floats your boat, but get the "dirtbags" canvas covers, and use them to cover your c/o's when you hit the dez. you'll thank me later when you dont have pitted shafts and all your friends do. (first hand experience, lol)