2003 ranger long travel

AZmiik

Reaction
I am looking at getting a new truck. Looking around I don't see much for 2000- 03 rangers. Any one know of kit that will work. The camburg kit says it only works on 98-00 because of a brake change. The only thing I see are lift spindles which would work in the begining but I would like to know if someone is working on something.

Mike

motoxscott

Reaction
This is what I've heard through the grapevine.

The 01-02's use a different spindle shaft than the 98-00's and the 2003's have a a new shaft design as well.

As of right now their isn't a big selection of off the shelf suspension parts for 01-03 rangers. Maybe Jerry can chime in and say when his stuff will be available.

-Scott

KitRacer

Reaction
what about that H&M kit, they have it pictured on their website, i think it runs like $5000 for everything, and its an "in house" install

singlehanded

Reaction
Where is ti pictured? I only see 98-01...............

KitRacer

Reaction
oh, im sorry, you are right, my friend has an 02 and he has talked with H&M about the install, maybe they can modify it for the newer trucks, maybe give them a call

boltonbros

Reaction
what is the status on the new 4x4 rangers long travel ifs kits. i have not seen any kits and i would like to get one for my 1999 ranger. i was thinking about just putting the bilstine 7100 shocks with limiting straps to get a softer ride.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get on the phone and get a shop to develop the 4wd kit for ya.

01Baja4x4

Reaction
I did research on this for over 6 months and no one has anything for these trucks, much less long travel. I was told my only option was to go completely custom. I have an '01 4x4 Ranger and I am running 7100 Res. shocks and beard straps up front and Deavers in the rear. It rides pretty good for what it is and much better then stock or just Bilsteins like a lot of people are running do to lack of options. Camburg made the lower mount and did theupper mount for the limit straps. I think Jerry is stocking the lower shock mounts and shocks valved for these trucks.

More info here on the ORR main page.
Ranger T-bar Upgrade

-Tim

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I think what 01Baja4x4 had done is the your best ticket.

Rob Mac runs a newer 4x4 Ranger in stock mini and he is faster then the beam trucks in his class and is faster then a few of the 7s trucks. Work with what you got and it will work fine...sometimes custom long travel doesnt turn out to be very long. I would put money that any "custom" kit you get made for your truck would not work as good as his "stock" front end and you will havean empty wallet to show for it!

Invest in some good shocks, maybe a better torsion and beef up the stock pieces in critical places and it will be fine.

01Baja4x4

Reaction
LASD Race Team races an 01 4x4 Ranger as well and does very well. They run bypass shocks/dual shocks up front.
No matter what shock setup you go with, the upper arms are the limiting factors on T-bar Rangers. Metal to metal, you are at just under 10 inches(CV's and stock balljoints bind at about 10.5 inches as well). My truck is limited at about 8.5 inches so with strap stretch, I get just over 9 inches of travel.
Like Kritter said, once you strengthen some of the stock weak points and add good shocks the front end becomes very capible.
LASD Race Truck

-Tim

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Do you think Jerry would be able to do something similar to my F1 or is it to heavy?

01Baja4x4

Reaction
The Ranger T-bar suspension and the F150 T-bar suspension are very similar. The only changes that would need to be made are valving the shocks for the F150 weight and changing the pre-drilled holes in the lowershock mount. IMO, this would work pretty well on an F150's and for Explorer's also.

-Tim

ranger09

Reaction
i know theres some kits out now, but for a cheap, easy, and "stock" front end i thought of this for the 4wd ranger: gusset lower control arm, new upper control arm w/ heim joints & uniball, limit straps, and 2.5 coil-over shocks.
also, what about cutting out the ball joint from the lower control arm & replacing it w/ uniball?

Bulldozer

Reaction

johnnyweb

Reaction
ranger edge and 4x4 same difference - axles. call aaron at dixon bros racing 805 570-3685 he has lt kits for these trucks on his shelf!!

Bulldozer

Reaction
ranger edge and 4x4 same difference - axles. call aaron at dixon bros racing 805 570-3685 he has lt kits for these trucks on his shelf!!
what does that have to do with this?

I believe we're talking about a 2wd that isn't an EDGE.

ranger09

Reaction
what about something to replace the stock balljoints with like uniballs? would that be a gook idea to cut out the lower ball joint & weld in a uniball cup?