2004 SAN FELIPE 250

Baja_Seve

Reaction
According to Score's website, next year's SF 250 is a bit early: Feb 27-28.

I guess the Spring breakers won.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Awww its SCORE they will move the date a few weeks before the race.......

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
I think what you gentlemen may be missing here is that Sal wants to move the Henderson race to April.

I dare ya to whine about that!

Reese

bajaboy

Reaction
You mean no more 130 degree race days in Henderson!!!! I'm for that!

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
The really unfortunate part is that he is so close to Parker. He has taken two great races and is forcing teams to make a choice between the two. My team will be at Parker, no matter what. So now, he likely lost us for Laughlin...no point in hitting Laughlin if we can't run for the points.

This has thrown a really unfortunate wrench into the works for a lot of teams. ProDIRT, LLC wanted to run both Parker and San Felipe. Now, it looks as though a choice will have to be made. If last year is any indication, the ProDIRT teams will be at Parker. It received more support from them than any other event. In case you were wondering, the Baja 500 was second, Terrible's Town 250 was third and San Felipe was fourth.

I applaud Sal for attempting to change the date of the Henderson event, but I really wish he would move it to October. With Primm being early in September and the Baja 1000 moved to late November, it leaves a big gaping hole in the season that is just begging to be filled.

In many cases, promoters are more victims than villains when it comes to dates. I just hope Sal has to wait until October for an ambulance.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Personally when it comes down to “just racing” I like the new schedule! We are going for the Score Class 10 point’s championship next year and this schedule is perfect because it eliminates temptations and choices. Parker is one of my favorite races but it looks like there will be a trade off this year. Another positive is obviously the date of the TT 250; this year was tolerable at a “dry” 116 degrees but still a little hot for most people. The one thing that is a total bummer is the fact that the San Felipe 250 is one of the biggest family venues of the year and warm weather is the key ingredient. The February date means that the possibility of wind and cold and that could keep the wife and kids restless, bummer!

Will Higman

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Cory,

It doesn't substantially cool off in Henderson at night in July or August.

Reese

racer951

Reaction
Reese, notice I said somewhat...but here are the facts. Couldn't find hernderson so here's Bullhead City and Las Vegas on July 11th and 12th of this year:

Bullhead City:

July 11th 114.8 Max 91.4 Min
July 12th 114.8 Max 91.4 Min
(Yes, exactly the same)

Las Vegas:

July 11th 115 Max 88 Min
July 12th 114 Max 84 Min

Las Vegas was 92 (couldn't find Jean or Primm) during the primm race and no one complains about the heat there so to say a night race at 90 degrees is still too hot when primm isn't is just unaccurate. It would fill the scheduling gap and make the race cooler.

Harpo

Reaction
Living in the dezert all of my life, that low of 94 or so degrees doesn't happen until about 5 am.
on a day with a high of about 110, it would be approx 96 or so degrees around 9pm.

martininsocal

Reaction
There is a huge difference between 96 and 110. In more ways then you would care to know. For me, anything over 105 takes something real special to want to go out and be physical in it...

Homeybull

Reaction
Important question. How does this date change affect our ability to hang out with sorority spring breakers?

Bolca_Grande_II

Reaction
Re: 2004 SAN FELIPE 250 Date Change

I think I just figured out why Score changed the date of the 2004 San Felipe 250! The answer is below:

Sal is involved in this event and he chooses it over the SF 250, what do you think?

Bolca Grande II