2004 WRX Pic

CanyonMan

Reaction
Glad to see they fixed the bug-eye headlights. Any word on if thr HP has been bumped up?

Lyrch

mxjeremy

Reaction
Only hp increase so far is on the STi version. They are claimin' 300 hp @ 6,000 rpm for a 2.5 turbocharged boxer 4 cyl. matted w/ a 6 speed manual. The 'regular' WRX is still 227 hp @ 6,000 rpm for a 2.0 turbocharged boxer 4 cyl. w/ a 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto.
late.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
WRX is my next vehicle after my damn truck is all done and paid for!

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

Bryan_D

Reaction
I am so in once I get everything up to date. I looked at them this weekend. The ones now are like 30,000 and supposedly the new ones are a little more. Anyone got a price on the new STi?

Jeep this Oval Boys

CanyonMan

Reaction
Isn't the Mitsu Lancer supposed to be crossing the pond soon to compete with US sales of the WRX? And I aint talkin about that underpowered grocery getter that's already being sold.

Lyrch

TimHayosh

Reaction
Yep. And, it's faster than the Sube. Handling? I don't know. It's all marketing until YOU drive it.

Happy motoring, Tim

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I will tell you the Lacer Evo 7's are way fast in there stock form. But man, just a few mods and an extra 100 hp WOW I want one!
As for the WRX they look better but we will have to see the real life "me behind the wheel" specs :) I will let you know when I drive it. Soon I hope!

JasonHutter

Reaction
Anyone know what the price tag is going to be or heard any rumors on the STi?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/83142/page030.html>http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/83142/page030.html</A>

toyoter91

Reaction
well if you think about it it is a rice rocket also ;) lol it is made in japan.....

-Rob

ESB4130

Reaction
i can vouch at least for saying that the 03 imprezzas work AWESOME offroad. my brothers hit some whoops by holmes camp and it was smoother than alot of trucks hahah. its very fast and i couldnt imagine a CAR being much better. id really like to check out the evo 7's though. you see about half as many of those as you do imprezzas around here.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
do you have the RS witht he 2.5 and is yours fatser then the WRX? Also, are there specific option on the WRX that I should get? I am not too familiar with subaru, but am interested in purchasing a car next year and this 2004 really gets me off!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

mxjeremy

Reaction
Sorry guys, but you won't see the Evo VII. Don't get all upset thought, it's just because the one they are releasing in the US is called the EvoVIII. I guess the extra year it took them to get it released in the states warranted another digit. The car is super sweet except for the 80's style gauges. It even comes with recaro racing seats.

This is a total load of BS, but the guy at the Mitsu display at the LA car show said the Evo VIII in stock form will do 0-60 in 4.3 sec. Maybe down a 30% grade, but not on flat ground.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://mitsucars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/index.jsp>http://mitsucars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/index.jsp</A>

Too many choices for the price range. The WRX STi, Evo VIII, RX-8, and the 350Z. Too bad I can't just have one of each.
late.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The car in it's Japan stock form will be around that fast. But with CA emissions it will be a high 4's to low 5's 0-60. The Evo VII is the same car as the EVO VIII except the front end. Just to think what another 150 HP will do and that kit is ready to sell.

TimHayosh

Reaction
Remember also, that in Japan, the octane at the pumps is 100. The engine I put in my rallycar project came right off the boat at 11.5:1 compression.

So, I would guess that any performance numbers you see for Japanese cars are with 100 octane gas and no EGR, SMOG or whatever.*

*They do use the carbon canister and catalytic converter

Happy motoring, Tim

BigD

Reaction
Here is it, Mitsubishi claims that the EVO VIII or 8, the one coming to America, will have 271 HP @ 6500 rpm and 273 lb-ft of torque at 3500 rpm. The redline is set at 7000 rpm. As far as the STI from Subaru, the msrp will be somewhere in the low 30's but i feel is worth every penny.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Rhys Millen told me that people are already buying these cars for $8000 over sticker. PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!! But they have to have the newest latest greatest.

FordFreak

Reaction
my buddy has a '03 WRX 2.0L and loves it. I drove it on pavement and it went rather quickly especially when the turbo kicked in. He went to El Mirage a couple of weeks ago and told me he was flying around and doing circles at like 40MPH. Said it handled great and then of course when he was on his way back he was messing arounfd and tried to pass his buddy opn teh shoulder and lost control and hit the lip of pavement from the shoulder to the road and lost the bead on his tire and scraped his rim. Said other that that he loved the trip.

Adam
I only drive trucks...Powered By American Muscle!