2008 baja 1000

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
i am going to need pit support for the race for class 8. Is Checkers still doing it or whats the best service to use?
jim

Advertising supports this site

TCRAFT

RDC Crypto
Website
www.craftmotorsports.net
i am going to need pit support for the race for class 8. Is Checkers still doing it or whats the best service to use?
jim

There was a thread awhile ago after the Baja 500 this year about baja pits. I can't tell you the awesome job they did. They have helped me finish every race this year for score. For the baja 1000 last year we chose to use Honda pits for the quad team and not Baja Pits. What a mistake we broke down and even though we did not sign up for Baja Pits they still helped us fix our quad because they knew we always use them. Don't use anyone else but them. At San Felipe we would have not finsihed if it was not for Baja Pits.

Baja Pits

RDC Crypto
I am a member of Baja Pits and I can not recommend a better group to pit with. We will go out of our way to help anyone, especially the people that have contracted with us. Give Carlos a call and he will help you out.

If anyone is going to Vegas to Reno and needs pit service, call Carlos at 619-596-8033. We will be there, so give us a call. Bikes, Quads, or cars it dose not matter.

TCRAFT

RDC Crypto
Website
www.craftmotorsports.net
where can i get more info on the race?
SCORE site has nothing about it.
Is it again around 700 miles?

700 miles is the rumor but they usally never post to it until gets way closer to the race. You probably won't see anything until oct. Do a google search on past 1000 races and you will probably find info on the years past. But call Carlos and he will sign you up or go to bajapits.com. Don't forget he also mounts tires and fixes and polishes old rims at his shop too. Its called US Wheels in El Cajon, Ca off the 67 freeway. Great guys they ran 10 Pits at the 500 and Mag 7 only ran seven just for your logistic purposes. They area they park the day before the race to drop stuff off is usally right in front of contengency on the main drag in Ensenada you wont miss the bright orange signs.

Martin

RDC Crypto
jim

Yes we will have pits setup at the Baja 1000 we usually don't pit non-members but we do a one race deal for racers that are looking to join a pitting club.

If you need any more info on the Checkers give me a call. Checkers are a great group of people and dedicated to pitting offroad races both in Mexico and in the states.

Dan Martin

626-372-9008 cell
626-930-1316 office

Waldo

Safehouse
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't hesitate to stop by PORK PITS if you (any racers) need anything. We are a full-free pit...Oink! As it gets closer, I'll let you all know what RM we'll be at. Later

PLS

RDC Crypto
can a racer sign up with more than one pit support team or just one? or is more than one overkill?

You can sign up with as many as you want to pay for. Quite often, they are set up in the same general areas for the main pits, so more then one might be overkill. Different org.'s will have a different # of pits though, so a different level of service.

trackmaster

RDC Crypto
baja pits or mag 7, both do an excellent job. mag 7 pits are usually a little more remote for a chase crew to get to but that is not a bad thing.

BeerRUN

RDC Crypto
Call Racer Services in El Cajon, they are good and very reliable from what I hear of Chris' friends.

Debra

Shaggy

RDC Crypto
Mag 7
We used them and have nothing but good things about those guys! They rock with lots of expierience.

Hey thanks for the plug.:D

Since all of Mag7 is volunteer, our equipment is paid for by the fee's paid by racers. We use our own personal vehicles and trailers.

On the last 500, Big Art's crew was assigned to RM 378. We drove out from Ojos that evening with Le pulling our trailer with the equipment. After passing through two quasi-toll booths set up by ranchers, we crawled to about RM 350. At about 2300 hours, we had blown three trailer tires :eek:.

Le and I threw the three tires in my truck and flew back to Ensenada. Got to into town at about 0100 hours and luck had fallen on us, found a midnight tire supply with three brand new passenger tires. Trailer tires would have been better, but can't complain.

Back on the road, re-negotiated (w/o paying I might add) our passage thru the two Ojos-Tres toll booths, got back to the trailer at 0330 and finally reached our pit.

I'm positive the other pit services have similar stories. Shows the pride and determination to be out there for the racers. We love doing it and being part of the race. :D

ChrisW

RDC Crypto
I have used MAG7 in the past and thought they were excellent. Since they are used to supporting bike guys, they have a pit every 50 miles, regardless of how hard it is to get to. Very organized group...

fusionoffroad

RDC Crypto
Website
www.c1lite.com
we use mag 7 for every baja trip and they are awsome . at the 1000 they did an awsome job on finding and contacting our lost broken car . we evan tried weather man with no contact with our vehicle . mag 7 is very profesional and operate an ample amount of pits . our car was locatwed through mag 7 by checking all the pits it made it to and then scanning from the last pit . thanks again mag 7 . On another note baja pits and locos mocos are both big and proffesional pit opperations . if you run bfg,s thwy will also help with pitting . oh yea last thing . there is still nothing like racing in baja .