2009 baja 1000

Where should the 2009 Baja 1000 GO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucho

Reaction
Like everyone, I've heard that SCORE is going to use basically the same Baja 1000 racecourse in order to not only save money for the racers and crews but also to save money themselves.

However, I still believe that there are two other options that I think would work and make the Baja 1000 truly the great race that it is. Even though times are tough for many of us, when it comes to the Baja 1000 you can skip a couple of other events during the year, a few dinners out with the wife, cut smoking, drinking...heh...well, I'm not sure about that one. But most of you know what I mean. Here are my two options. I'll make them simple and I would ask to answer the poll for this.

OPTION 1: Take off Ensenada, San Felipe, Bahia, Los Arcos, San Ignacio, Loreto, Ciudada Constitucion all the way down to either La Paz or Cabo!

OPTION 2: Ensenada, La Rumorosa, Borrego, San Felipe, Gonzaga, Bahia, Los Arcos, THEN Punta Prieta, back to Catavina, El Cartabon. San Quintin, Mike's, El Rodeo, Tres Hermanos, Ojos Negros, Ensenada.

OPTION 3: The same as 2008

Either one of those two would be terrific. I would vote for either one. What do you guys and gals say?

Laurie

Reaction
I love the courses to la Paz or Cabo but it is so much more $$$ and man power. So I voted the loop as last year. Although last year did take a couple extra chase crews because of Rumorosa going up north so far.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Buddies and I talking about this at the MORE race.. what is the deal with SCORE? when was/is the next peninsula run planned?

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
i chose option 2 cause the southern part of baja is the mystique part if u ask me and by only goin that far u still get that feeling and still make it a lil more affordable... the upper portion just gets raced so often that i feel it needs a break every now and then... i love the CoCo's corner down to Bay of LA down to San Ignacio run... absolutely breath taking areas... gotta love mexico no matter what though!!!

SPROCKET

Reaction
How about option 4

cabo or la paz as a start and ensenada for a finish

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
i'm still waitin for the economy 2 increase so we can do a BAJA 2000 again.... 1000 miles from Ensenada to Cabo then turn around and run the course backwards... that would b a dream race right there!!!

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
How about option 4
I've thought for a long time that would be a great way to do it. Some aspects of the typical penninsula race would change for the better but then think about the Finish - we finish in LP or Cabo and hang out for a few days while the slower vehicles finish. It's nice to hang out there and spend $ so that's all fine. But if we finish in Ensenada teams will bail home asap, not wait around days for an awards dealio. Not good for the income Baja needs.

Down half way and back. Been a long time since that was done (a weak attempt in '03). Excelllent.

M

memin.pinguine

I'm for La Paz of course... better to stay at home and have the finish nearby and have all the race nuts come visit for a change....

Unfortunately I think that this will not happen for a couple of years at least and then it want be the same since i believe also their will be major changes in the race classes coming up sooner as later. But that's not what that poll is about so - La Paz be it a.s.a.p.... :D

Baja Fool

Reaction
Typically every 3rd year is a "penisula run" of some sort.....Shoot I'd love to have "penisula run" every year but it's difficult on the wallet, on manpower and logistics.

Times are hard now so I voted for the "loop".:(

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
I voted for the Cabo run but I would really be stoked to see the midway run and back, that would be sick! I really prefer the middle option for this year but I had to vote Cabo since I know all the short cuts in the South from riding there all the time....

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I voted for the Cabo run but I would really be stoked to see the midway run and back, that would be sick! I really prefer the middle option for this year but I had to vote Cabo since I know all the short cuts in the South from riding there all the time....
CHEATER!!! haha cant use them since SCORE is actually crackin down on the rule infractions now... but the lower half is where the TRUE BAJA racing is at!!! that is the real modern day WILD WEST!!!

Romanrides

Reaction
Option 4 would be very fun and I agree, it would support the economy. Otherwise Option 1. Both keep the Christmas spending down to "its about the thought that counts".

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Might be Option 5: This years Baja 500 course to Borrego, then the San Felipe loop (big loop) back to Borrego, then the same course as last years 1000 from Borrego to Ensenada. I like this option better, that way you don't lose a chase crew going to the La Rumoraso loop. Baja will be very tight for the limited class racers, so this route sounds a lot better. The San Felipe loop will eat a lot of cars though........

rickf

Reaction
I was told by a highly placed official at SCORE over a year ago that this year's 1000 would go South as a tribute to the out-going Governor of Baja Sur.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
This has been a bad year for "change" in so many ways, lets not add more.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
vote for Rory option 5, but we plan to race this year in my quad, and we love to pass our backyard (ie Laguna Salada) in front of all our friends from our hometown (Mexicali).

the La Paz race format also its great, but its more expensive for the moment for most small teams who dream like me to race a Thou.