2009 Baja 500 booby traps?

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I didn't come across too many of them, except for the finish. Saw maybe 3 or so coming back into town. Then there was the idiot who set the branches/brush/tree trunks between check 4 and mile 395.
What you guys think?

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
I didn't come across too many of them, except for the finish. Saw maybe 3 or so coming back into town. Then there was the idiot who set the branches/brush/tree trunks between check 4 and mile 395.
What you guys think?
i saw alots booby traps while we pre run the baja 500 !

Martin

Reaction
There was 2 huge ones one the way out and in.

There was also a little one on the way up to Mike's and when we landed off the jump a guy threw a softball sized rock that ripped our corner window net off and hit my co driver in the head. We also had a huge dirt thrown at us and hit the a pillar on my side and ripped my corner net half off.

Brad Wilson

#ronnysson
Reaction
I think it was around mile marker 20 or so..... People parked cars of the course and made you go over to huge rollers that could have done some real damage.

Shaggy

Reaction
We were at Mag 7 Pit#1 RM 54. Couple of bikes said there were buried drum(s) on the way in from Ojos. Not sure what race mile they were at. When we left, saw some small trenches. Nothing else stood out.

rayrdz

Reaction
Shaggy Glad you made it back OK

empty pockets

Reaction
Shaggy, Glad you and Lee made it back home

C. Bucher

Reaction
I only saw this one while prerunning thurs around mile 10 or so.

We preran the start on Friday around 2 p.m. and that wasn't there. We got to Ojos, turned right around and came back and re-ran the section in the 1 car. Low and behold, a gang of 8 year-olds were cheering us on when we came around the corner and saw this. Kyle, the driver, hit the brakes over the top of it and buried the throttle to knock it down while roosting the kids in the process.

We did the Ojos section coming back in and saw all of the 55 gallon drums up to keep the racers from bypassing the two big rollers they built up.

Also, in Urupan, spectators built up a two foot high rock wall to force the racers up the large silt hill. We gave them a nice little shower on the way up too. It's nice having all of that horsepower now.

No bueno.

Shaggy

Reaction
We preran the start on Friday around 2 p.m. and that wasn't there. We got to Ojos, turned right around and came back and re-ran the section in the 1 car. Low and behold, a gang of 8 year-olds were cheering us on when we came around the corner and saw this. Kyle, the driver, hit the brakes over the top of it and buried the throttle to knock it down while roosting the kids in the process.

We did the Ojos section coming back in and saw all of the 55 gallon drums up to keep the racers from bypassing the two big rollers they built up.

Also, in Urupan, spectators built up a two foot high rock wall to force the racers up the large silt hill. We gave them a nice little shower on the way up too. It's nice having all of that horsepower now.

No bueno.
That might be what they were talking about. One of them said he saw it and thought it was going to be a small jump until he was commited and realized how far it launched him. He didn't wad it and continued, thank goodness.

CraigChr

Reaction
Some kids dropped a handfull of gravel off a bridge over the wash when i was coming in. I must have been doing 70 on the Quad. Felt like i was being pelted with a shotgun blast... the worst one hit my throat and left a nice size welt. We had a huge lead and I almost wanted to stop and turn around I was so PO'd.

DIRT_ADDICT

Reaction
I did a quick ride through erindira this morning rm 320ish i saw a bunch pallets and tires buried in the sand wash before the rock whoops.

zjohnson

Reaction
There was 2 huge ones one the way out and in.

There was also a little one on the way up to Mike's and when we landed off the jump a guy threw a softball sized rock that ripped our corner window net off and hit my co driver in the head. We also had a huge dirt thrown at us and hit the a pillar on my side and ripped my corner net half off.
Same thing with the rock happened to the the codriver of the canidae 10 car in the same area, whats up with that guy?

peezy

Reaction
thats so gay that they have to do that.

And thats my red wagon.

43mod

Reaction
why dont the truck/buggy guys have a wire screen in front? bikes are screwed but it would seem 4 wheel rigs could protect a little better