2009 General Tire MINT 400 on TV!!!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
Set your Tvo's and DVR's - The 2009 General Tire Mint 400 will be airing on May 24 at 3:00 p.m. EST. on VERSUS :D:D:D Who's having a viewing party?

JMS

Reaction
Nice!...maybe we made the cut for shortest distance raced....:)

Zambo

Reaction
Thanks Jamie, although I don't remember any cameras rolling when we crossed the finish line at 1am.:D

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Who was the helecopter that had a yellow and blue stripe filming with the guy hangin out the side.

RBFJeep

Reaction
Who was the helecopter that had a yellow and blue stripe filming with the guy hangin out the side.
I am looking forward to see footage from this helicopter as well. Any idea who they were with? What network?

Zambo

Reaction
I think that helo was contracted by the tv crew and the race sponsors to get footage.

djhspawn

Reaction
My DVR only goes 7 days into the future. Will someone remind me on Monday to set my DVR? :p

mwilsonphoto.com

Reaction
I think you will only make the TV show if you have a TT, those tv shows never show anything else maybe one clip of a class 1.

come on mike we won the MINT"4" 1st and second overall right here :D

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I think you will only make the TV show if you have a TT, those tv shows never show anything else maybe one clip of a class 1.
You're only half right there Mike. Last years coverage had 2 shows. One hour long show for the trucks, mostly TT's of course. And one hour long show for buggies, which was pretty heavy on 1/2 1600's. Lots of cl10 cars if I remember.

And thanks for the update Jamie, you the.....woman. :D

Zambo

Reaction
Or maybe if your bug-stompin stock full has General Tire plastered all over it.:D We'll see!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
And thanks for the update Jamie, you the.....woman. :D
Quick thread derailment... talked to Ronny this evening... I leave with you guys for the 500 the wednesday of that week!! better get those boots ready sweetpea LOL :D

now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Jerry B

Reaction
Lucas Oil Motorsports Hour on Versus

NEXT Saturday 5-24-09 Noon on the west coast

Event date 03/26/09 The Mint 400

NV 89019

05/24/09 3:00 PM EST 12:00 Noon PST
05/28/09 5:00 PM EST 3:00 PM PST

http://www.motorsportshour.com/schedule.html

Jerry B

Reaction
Posted from Genevieve Chappell's site:

"2009 The Mint 400 Off-road Race

Monday, April 20th, 2009 : Automotive, Outdoor Network, SPEED Channel

3402817543_92461edf49

For the second year, I was called to cover the Historical Race - The Mint 400. This year, it was held just south of Las Vegas, Nev. instead of in Primm. I would be doing pit reporting for both Speed TV and the Outdoor Channel – which was great, other than the fact that I was changing shirts all day long!

I stayed at the Golden Nugget, and apparently, so did everyone else with the Mint as it seems to have been taken over by the racers, teams, and sponsors. I was worried that the race might be down, given the economy, but the attendance and entries were up. The hotel was definitely buzzing with a lot of excitement and anticipation.

The excitement definitely carried over to Saturday race day. I was covering the Class 1, Class 8, and Baja Pro Truck classes and it was a lot of work! The highlight of the day was interviewing KJ Howe. KJ was the organizer of the original Mint 400, and he always has the most amazing stories from past Mint races. It is always fun to have a chance to speak with him. KJ is a super sharp dresser and on this day he was wearing super clean, crisp, white clothes during our interview, which was right next to one of the turns on the Mint 400 course. So, of course, we were getting sprayed with rocks and dirt, and he just smiled and said “Isn’t this great!”

It was a long day, but thankfully it wasn’t too windy and wasn’t scorching hot like last year’s event. Look for it on Speed Channel and Outdoor Channel!"

From
http://www.genevievechappell.com/2009/04/mint-400/

You would have to be Helen Killer not too remember talking to this person at the Mint.

Here are ten pages of who she must have interviewed at the race.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genevievechappell/page28/

Last edited:

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Or maybe if your bug-stompin stock full has General Tire plastered all over it.:D We'll see!
Or maybe the TT Killer passing the "bug-stompin stock full (that) has General Tire plastered all over it" at about RM 55!! We had lots of fun at the MINT and the Helo was following us a few times, the first couple times I thought a TT was behind me and made my co-rider stare at his Mirror until we realized they were just following us! Fingers crossed.

Zambo

Reaction
Or maybe the TT Killer passing the "bug-stompin stock full (that) has General Tire plastered all over it" at about RM 55!! We had lots of fun at the MINT and the Helo was following us a few times, the first couple times I thought a TT was behind me and made my co-rider stare at his Mirror until we realized they were just following us! Fingers crossed.
Man I was tellin my co-dawg the same thing...."check the mirrors, there's probably a TT coming!" Turns out the dude was filming us for about 3 or 4 miles, pretty sweet (especially if it makes it off the cutting room floor).

Matt Stevens

Reaction
We don't get that channel up here... GG if you are recording it could you burn us a copy.