2009 MDR KOTD Class 5/1600 1st Place, Gutierrez Racing

MALABANAN

Reaction
A big congratulations to Gutierrez Racing, 1st Place finish in Plaster City. Daniel Gutierrez started 1st off the line, drove four laps, dropped 10 gallons of fuel and got the nod from Ruben Gutierrez Jr. to stay in the car to save time. The teams decision proved to be the right one with Daniel pulling an Ironman for the day. The team would like to thank everyone from "Cousins by the dozens" pit crew, GR Fabrications and MDR for a great event. A great effort by Cody Agee and Pat Dailey, you guys rock!!!

MALABANAN

Reaction
The top three in order at the finish. Gutierrez, Agee/ Dailey, Simpson.

Attachments

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
look at cody go and congrats to Gutierrez Racing!
thank you guys for putting on a good race to watch

MALABANAN

Reaction
Killer sequence!!! Best race of the day!

MALABANAN

Reaction
Here is some footage of the last lap, mile marker 29.[video=youtube;SL-JAevR7WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL-JAevR7WQ[/video]

Tipracer

Reaction
SO lets hear the stories.....577 lost the entire right rear suspension??? lankin broke the right front off???
5-16ers post up your stories
For us(552) we were staying with the top 5 when on our second lap at mile 17/18 we lost the lower right arm(broke clean off) leaving us with the tinyest bit of metal sticking out to remove the piece with...well after 2 hours down we got it fixed ...kinda sucke watching the other cars go by knowing you just got lapped...oh well we finished....LOTS of carnage out there. Great course great race ....if you think you have what it takes to drive a 5-16 fast this is the place to put up or shut up.....very soft/sandy towards the end the wind friday night got to around 40 mph and it returned sat afternoon around 4:30...
BTW there are some 1450 trucks that should really not be considered sportsman class....

MALABANAN

Reaction
Our co-driver went to the ER last night following the race with pain to the neck and head, ended up spending the night there. Here's a picture of Henry Dominguez, IRONCUZ!!!

Attachments

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
great job to the gutierrez team out there. it was the best time i had racing of my entire short career

talkjk

Reaction
Our co-driver went to the ER last night following the race with pain to the neck and head, ended up spending the night there. Here's a picture of Henry Dominguez, IRONCUZ!!!
So whats the prognocess? Is he ok?

rpmrich

Reaction
577 Racing was out of the race on the fourth lap due to engine failure. We were trying something new with the engine, and sometimes new stuff doesn't work, but we were kicking ass up to that point.

Ahren Fox and I were in the car for the first three laps, and had to leave to go to a friend's wedding. We handed the car over to our rookie 5/1600 driver, Adam Phanclutch, and were in 1st place, and no fault to Adam the motor let go. The suspension was working flawlessly with our top secret rear NASA shocks.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the next race, and giving some love taps to our fellow 5/1600 racers. :D

NIKAL

Reaction
SO lets hear the stories.....577 lost the entire right rear suspension??? lankin broke the right front off???
5-16ers post up your stories
For us(552) we were staying with the top 5 when on our second lap at mile 17/18 we lost the lower right arm(broke clean off) leaving us with the tinyest bit of metal sticking out to remove the piece with...well after 2 hours down we got it fixed ...kinda sucke watching the other cars go by knowing you just got lapped...oh well we finished....LOTS of carnage out there. Great course great race ....if you think you have what it takes to drive a 5-16 fast this is the place to put up or shut up.....very soft/sandy towards the end the wind friday night got to around 40 mph and it returned sat afternoon around 4:30...
BTW there are some 1450 trucks that should really not be considered sportsman class....
The Nikal Motorsports team #559 ran well and Jason brought the car to me in 4th at the halfway point. Our drivers change had a small problem that cost at least a minute as the driver seat adjuster was stuck and would not slide into my position. (I'm gussing the sand storm Friday night that left about 1 inch of sand in the car might not have helped! LOL!) So I jumped in and maybe 12 miles? I went by Richards (Border Patrol) car on the side of the course with a blown motor. Now at this point we were 3rd and I finished the lap clean. By our pits times we shaved a minute or two minutes off Cody and Danials time. Lap 5 I was finally feeling comfortable being I had not driven the car in 14+ months and I was running much cleaner and faster. On my 5th lap, right at the 28 mile mark I came though some whoops and BAM! I thought the gear box broke and then the car leaned over to find a broke a stub axle, which ripped the caliper off and messed up the back side of the hub pretty bad. So we called our crew to bring us a stub and we did not have another hub so I chisled the mushroomed and gouged piece out of the splines so we could beat the hub on the new stub. The bummer part for me was that a few guys who saw me brake came over to see if we were ok and give us water. I asked them when did the Green and Black car of Gutierrez come threw and the Agee orange car? The guy was not exactly sure but his friend and him both figured the Gutierrez car was about 5-6 minutes ahead of me and the Orange car was maybe 1-2 minutes ahead of me? Now I might have felt better knowing that they had 15 minutes on me but when I realized I was running a good pace, I was bummed.

We put the new bearings and stub in and I cruised it the 4 miles to finish lap 5. Once I got to our pit we called it a day as we were there to win and chancing hurting the car running with a missing brake caliper and jacked up hub was not worth 8th place and we were not there for points anyways. Overall it was a good race. Richards car with his high tech rear shocks seem to make that car work really well. Good job Cody, bummer about the shifter. Thats probably why I made up some time on you guys on the 5th lap, before I broke the stub. And to the Gutierrez team, Well its about time! LOL! Good job Danial. And Ruben is it true you did not get in because you knew you would be racing against me the second half? LOL!

But sitting out there waiting for part's gave me plenty of time to wave to many who came by, and not one of you gave me the finger. LOL! I knew you guys liked me!

Nikal Motorsports wants to thank Kenny Major for a great motor, as power was not an issue for us. We would also like to thank Rick and Adam at PowerBox, as the new gear they put in our gear box was a big difference and we thank you for the fast turn a round on it.

NIKAL

Reaction
dont even think about it!!!;)

BTW Cody the love tap after the race when you were in front of your camp was because that was my only chance that day! LOL!