2009 RECORD Ensenada - San Felipe 250 Map.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
We will be there in class 11 should be over 25 of them its gone be fun :)
we will be there in 5-1600, 22 pre registered allready in the class,theres a side pot called Class 11 an Class 5-1600 State Championship, pretty much like pro 1600 used to work. Gotta be good,

el tiburon

harleys dad

Reaction
we will be there in 5-1600, 22 pre registered allready in the class,theres a side pot called Class 11 an Class 5-1600 State Championship, pretty much like pro 1600 used to work. Gotta be good,

el tiburon
I dont see where 22 are pre registerd, as of today 63 total are singed up with 11 the bigest so far at 14. 5/1600 shows 4 entries with another to be confirmed I know it is early, but where do you see 22 singed up in 5/1600??? What am I missing

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
I dont see where 22 are pre registerd, as of today 63 total are singed up with 11 the bigest so far at 14. 5/1600 shows 4 entries with another to be confirmed I know it is early, but where do you see 22 singed up in 5/1600??? What am I missing
Though RECORD hasnt published the list, theres 22 entries registered for the CEC (state championship), wich starts with that race,

heres the list from the CEC.

ROBERTO RABAGO MR. EAGLE
ERICK AVALOS AVALOS RACING
ERNIE NEGRETE NEGRETE BOYS
FRANK SANCHEZ SANCHEZ RACING
JOSE MONTOYA APB RACING
DAVID CARRIZALES XTRESADOS RACING
PEDRO ATHIE PICOS RACING
MARCO A. MARQUEZ MARQUEZ RACING
MARIO REYNOSO
MIGUEL ROSALES-MUNDO FERNANDEZ
COOKIE MONSTER RACING
WARRIORS RACING
CENTRAL DE PUERTAS RACING
OGT'S RACING
TITO ARAMBULA
FLAMINGO NEGRO RACING
GALINDO RACING
AVIÑAS RACING
SERGIO MORENO PIRATAS RACING
OMAR DIPP TIBURON RACING
FELIPE RODRIGUEZ TOCAYO RACING
ALBERTO VARELA VIVA TJ RACING

CLASS 11

FEDERICO RAMIREZ
CESAR FISCAL
FELIPE ORTEGA
JUAN ZAMARRIPA
MIGUEL MEXIA
ALEX RIVAS
ANTONIO FERLA
GILBERTO ARREOLA (SI SE ALIVIANA DEL PIE)
CHONCHOS RACING
GUILLERMO RUIZ
ROBERTO ESCOBEDO
ERNESTO MARTINEZ
ESTEBAN RUIZ
SERGIO SARMIENTO
CARLOS VILLA
RAMON FERNANDEZ
RAUL OJEDA
RENE RODRIGUEZ
DAVE HENDRICKSON
VAKEROS RACING
FERNANDO FLORES
CARLOS VILLA
KIKI LEYVA

HERES THE LINK, http://www.racing.com.mx/cgi/foro/index.php?topic=21824.15

TJ meeting was last week, Mexicali meeting tonight...

el tiburon

harleys dad

Reaction
Though RECORD hasnt published the list, theres 22 entries registered for the CEC (state championship), wich starts with that race,

heres the list from the CEC.

ROBERTO RABAGO MR. EAGLE
ERICK AVALOS AVALOS RACING
ERNIE NEGRETE NEGRETE BOYS
FRANK SANCHEZ SANCHEZ RACING
JOSE MONTOYA APB RACING
DAVID CARRIZALES XTRESADOS RACING
PEDRO ATHIE PICOS RACING
MARCO A. MARQUEZ MARQUEZ RACING
MARIO REYNOSO
MIGUEL ROSALES-MUNDO FERNANDEZ
COOKIE MONSTER RACING
WARRIORS RACING
CENTRAL DE PUERTAS RACING
OGT'S RACING
TITO ARAMBULA
FLAMINGO NEGRO RACING
GALINDO RACING
AVIÑAS RACING
SERGIO MORENO PIRATAS RACING
OMAR DIPP TIBURON RACING
FELIPE RODRIGUEZ TOCAYO RACING
ALBERTO VARELA VIVA TJ RACING

CLASS 11

FEDERICO RAMIREZ
CESAR FISCAL
FELIPE ORTEGA
JUAN ZAMARRIPA
MIGUEL MEXIA
ALEX RIVAS
ANTONIO FERLA
GILBERTO ARREOLA (SI SE ALIVIANA DEL PIE)
CHONCHOS RACING
GUILLERMO RUIZ
ROBERTO ESCOBEDO
ERNESTO MARTINEZ
ESTEBAN RUIZ
SERGIO SARMIENTO
CARLOS VILLA
RAMON FERNANDEZ
RAUL OJEDA
RENE RODRIGUEZ
DAVE HENDRICKSON
VAKEROS RACING
FERNANDO FLORES
CARLOS VILLA
KIKI LEYVA

HERES THE LINK, http://www.racing.com.mx/cgi/foro/index.php?topic=21824.15

TJ meeting was last week, Mexicali meeting tonight...

el tiburon
Thank you very much for the info, see I was missing something LOL. This should be very good if they police it as far as course cutting and making sure the cars are 100 percent legal to the rules. I hope to do all 4 races this year. I am very nervous about going down there, I will admit that but I am real excited to race a big class 11 entry again. I won several Record races in the late 80s-early to mid 90s in 5/1600 and raced 1 in class 11 and it was like racing class 5 cars because nearly all the class 11 cars were so illegal with close ratio gears and I am sure bigger motors so I never went back. It is one thing to be beat fairly, it is real bad to be beat by cheating. I tried racing a Code race in 11 at tecate, same thing, I could hear the guy burnning threw the gears as he went by. It was so obvios that I started laughing out loud as he went by LOL

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
last year in december, the class 11 winner for the last race was DQd for an illegal transmission, so they are checking the cars. Regarding policing the course, thats another ball game....
Last CODE night race, the 5-1600 winner was DQd, of all rules, cutting the rear fender wells 1/4 inch to high, but this happened cause the 2nd place finisher protested him.

it is fair racing, you think somebody is illegal, call him out...

el tiburon

Frontier 4 Baja

Reaction
I'm sure there will be more entries in both classes. There will easily be 30 cars if not 40. They need some American entries (Glaszozak, Dailey, Agee, Simpson, Gutierrez, Lakin, Savedra, Craft, Sletten, Cortez, Patron, Patton) . It runs on the same course as the Baja 500 from the start to Valle De Trinidad, part of this years 500 course and San Felipe 250 course backwards from San Matias Pass to Borrego (Powerline road), and from the Borrego Powerline road to Zoo Road and on to San Felipe.

We've run this race twice before, This year will be the third. I highly recommend It.

Total entry fee is around 500 dlls.

Contingency is from 5pm - 11pm on Fri night in Ensenada

Race Promo/flyer:

http://www.recordoffroad.com/promo.aspx?Event=SF250

harleys dad

Reaction
What time does this race start and finish, are lites needed or will we finish before dark. I remember record in the past would say they were starting at 9 am but would start around 130is or later

Sampeter

Reaction
It says that bikes are starting at 6:00, cars 1 hour after last bike, this because of the heat at the time we get to borrego, I heard that cars will be starting at 4:00 pm to avoid the sun, but seems that they change it earlier...

El_Dude

Reaction
What time does this race start and finish, are lites needed or will we finish before dark. I remember record in the past would say they were starting at 9 am but would start around 130is or later

i chased for the 3rd place class 9 car at last years race... they had to turn the lights right before the San Felipe woops.. so i would say yes..

Frontier 4 Baja

Reaction
They're supposed to be starting the race about 1-2pm, because of the high late June temps in San Felipe. First cars will finish right about 4-5 pm depending on what time they start. The Last couple of years the 5-1600's have finished at dusk, or right after at night. So, Dave you will need lights.

The last time they started this race at 9am was in 2004, That's the last time we did this race. We raced two cars that time and the temps reached 115 degrees on the San Felipe side, We arrived at San Felipe about 2-3 pm. The following year (2005) they changed it to a afternoon start.

harleys dad

Reaction
Just wondering because the map says its a early morning start?? 1 hour after last moto??

Sampeter

Reaction
I heard that the cars would be starting until 4:00 pm, but the map says diferent...
Maybe today on the CEC meeting (vw autopartes in mexicali) they will confirm the starting time

Tipracer

Reaction
There are some big boys racing in 5-16....and for them to race all year in cec and their regular series is huge...The Ensenada to SF run is a blast...I can attest to the legality of most of the 5-16's down there, shortcoursing this race is pretty hard to do...there are only a few ways to go and most of the course is the fast way, it will only start getting interesting once you pass Boreggo(and there are some fast lines out there...)...I have raced against most of them(and lost to most of them...lol) and they for the most part are stand up guys...If they think for a second that someone is illegal they will protest. Go on Dave, ruffle a few feathers and show up...

harleys dad

Reaction
There are some big boys racing in 5-16....and for them to race all year in cec and their regular series is huge...The Ensenada to SF run is a blast...I can attest to the legality of most of the 5-16's down there, shortcoursing this race is pretty hard to do...there are only a few ways to go and most of the course is the fast way, it will only start getting interesting once you pass Boreggo(and there are some fast lines out there...)...I have raced against most of them(and lost to most of them...lol) and they for the most part are stand up guys...If they think for a second that someone is illegal they will protest. Go on Dave, ruffle a few feathers and show up...
I will be there, I vote late afternoon start, ariving in the SF area in the heat of the day sounds no good to me. I hope Record-Ramon will reconsider and start around 4

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
I heard that the cars would be starting until 4:00 pm, but the map says diferent...
Maybe today on the CEC meeting (vw autopartes in mexicali) they will confirm the starting time
Last year the first bike started at 12 in the afternoon because of the heat and cars would start one hour after the last bike.

Frontier 4 Baja

Reaction
Cool class 11 Video from last years race:

Some more cool videos from the race:

[video=youtube;YB8Z00ls5sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB8Z00ls5sE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB8Z00ls5sE&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;_4QqBki4oB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4QqBki4oB4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4QqBki4oB4&feature=related[/video]

If you notice at the end of this video the Class 11 re-start in San Matias is when the sun is going down.

[video=youtube;hczlI_1TFRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hczlI_1TFRg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hczlI_1TFRg&feature=related[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
if time and money allows i might do this on a bike :D