2009 SCORE Primm 300 map

BANNED4LIFE

is that EXACTLY the same as the terrible 250 course???? looks like it to me........

OldGreen

Sure looks like it, at least the open desert sections away from town.

WickedGravityVideo

I don't see the giant whoop section in there -- damn! Somebody tell me they have driven this and the vwbug-sized whoopfield is In-Play.

Can someone in the know say where the most hairy sections are for photo/video are?

nimrod

KOOK!
I heard that some of it is actually smoother due to BITD grading.........tweet tweet

You know that the desert out at Primm is open to the public at this time.

In fact If you were to head out there this is what you might expect to find........

No BLM rangers, No radar guns, and no tortoises. Except for it being 101 degrees at 9:45 PM it might be pretty dang fun........

Espcially if you went with like 3 or 4 other groups of people who happen to really enjoy the Primm area in the middle of summer when crowds are small and room rates are under 20 bucks a night......

PS.....You might even run into a few people from Vegas who also really enjoy using public lands legally while they are open to the public and before they are closed due to a massive influx of evil desert racers!!!!!!!

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
I don't see the giant whoop section in there -- damn! Somebody tell me they have driven this and the vwbug-sized whoopfield is In-Play.

Can someone in the know say where the most hairy sections are for photo/video are?
Rm 10-16 is fun tight turns. probally some good burm shots in there. 18-20 is a down hill mini goat trail. RM 36-38 is whooped out soft sand with lots of rocks.

J Prich

I heard that some of it is actually smoother due to BITD grading.........tweet tweet

You know that the desert out at Primm is open to the public at this time.

In fact If you were to head out there this is what you might expect to find........

No BLM rangers, No radar guns, and no tortoises. Except for it being 101 degrees at 9:45 PM it might be pretty dang fun........

Espcially if you went with like 3 or 4 other groups of people who happen to really enjoy the Primm area in the middle of summer when crowds are small and room rates are under 20 bucks a night......

PS.....You might even run into a few people from Vegas who also really enjoy using public lands legally while they are open to the public and before they are closed due to a massive influx of evil desert racers!!!!!!!
LOL, I fall in to the "PS" crowd! PM me if there is a specific date/time those people might be doing those hypothetical things as I need an excuse to get the truck dirty!

nimrod

KOOK!
LOL, I fall in to the "PS" crowd! PM me if there is a specific date/time those people might be doing those hypothetical things as I need an excuse to get the truck dirty!
It may have hypothetically already happened.......

D Bergstrom

No BLM rangers,
Actually, they are out in the area even on non race weekends. They like to hang out on the Jean dry lake bed and give people tickets for no spark arrestors on their bikes and quads. Sometimes you can find them every weekend, sometimes they are not out there for months. I guess it depends on when they need the extra income, since I heard the ticket is like $125!

Doug

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Just so you all know... we were told this past Tues nite at a meeting that there have been pictures taken of a few people out there "recreating/testing" and if they were proven to be entered in the race (team numbers/names were noted) and there is/was a documented "tortoise take," it is as good as a take during the race... that means 2 takes, no more racing in Primm for ANYONE and the 300 and SNORE 250 would be included :eek: :( The best solution to this horrific possible situation is:

DON'T GO OUT THERE TESTING, RECREATING, RECONNING OR WHAT HAVE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR ANYTHING ON THE MAP!

Is it really worth jeopardizing the SCORE, SNORE, BITD or any other events?

Chase 2

Just so you all know... we were told this past Tues nite at a meeting that there have been pictures taken of a few people out there "recreating/testing" and if they were proven to be entered in the race (team numbers/names were noted) and there is/was a documented "tortoise take," it is as good as a take during the race... that means 2 takes, no more racing in Primm for ANYONE and the 300 and SNORE 250 would be included :eek: :( The best solution to this horrific possible situation is:

DON'T GO OUT THERE TESTING, RECREATING, RECONNING OR WHAT HAVE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR ANYTHING ON THE MAP!

Is it really worth jeopardizing the SCORE, SNORE, BITD or any other events?
Someone should have told that to all the guys who went "testing" earlier this week.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
The someone who told me about it was the observer and it wasn't just during this week he observed...

jo maoma

Heisenberg
"you're telling me you don't know who it was?"

"it wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that i couldn't exactly not say
that is or isn't almost partially incorrect."

"so you do know who it was!"

"on the contrary, i'm possibly more or less, not definitely rejecting
the idea, that in no way, with any amount of uncertainty that..."

"stop it."

"...i undeniably do or do not know who it might probably have
been.if that indeed wasn't who it isn't."

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
"you're telling me you don't know who it was?"

"it wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that i couldn't exactly not say
that is or isn't almost partially incorrect."

"so you do know who it was!"

"on the contrary, i'm possibly more or less, not definitely rejecting
the idea, that in no way, with any amount of uncertainty that..."

"stop it."

"...i undeniably do or do not know who it might probably have
been.if that indeed wasn't who it isn't."
Hey now.... :cool:

J Prich

If we're talking about open public land that isn't restricted until the course map is published and that didn't happen until this week I don't see the problem?

Its not exactly rocket science. Obviously everyone is running the same course so it would stand to reason that people know that and are recreating on it. Will gladly accept the "niave" label but if it's public land until the course is officially published I don't get the foul here.

nimrod

KOOK!
Sheeze Louise..........

Is it open land or not?

Holy Cow you guys in Nevada need to get a hold of CORVA and beg them to start a Nevada branch........

What is a "tortoise take" anyways? Does that mean you pick one up and take it home????? I know I'm a Nimrod but puhleze help me out.

The only people I may or may not have seen out there was a TT team from Vegas doing some testing......Oh and whoever may or may not have been riding on the short bus......

It's really hard for me to believe that in this area of government as screwed up as California is that we are actually better at managing public land than Nevada......Go figure....

I guess I should send out some extra money to CORVA when I renew my membership!

CORVA ROCKS!

PS. The big ol semi trucks running down that road to the mines out past bit b had to be running 75 miles an hour down that pot hole riddled back top......I'm gonna guess that they aren't prepared to jack knife their 80' set of doubles if they see a tortoise on the road.............