2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Okay so whose your picks this year to take home the cup! My pick is the same as last year, but hopefully a different outcome!!!!

My Stanley Cup finals prediction is the Penguins vs. Sharks with the Pens winning in 7!

However here are my first round picks....

Eastern Conference
Boston over Montreal
Capitals over Rangers
Hurricanes over Devils
Pens over Flyers

Western Conference
Sharks over Ducks
Wings over Bluejackets
Blues over Canucks
Flames over Blackhawks

Ozzie M

Reaction
Wait a minute so the ducks actually made it in?
Eastern Conference
Boston over Montreal
Capitals over Rangers
Devils over Hurricanes
Pens over Flyers

Western Conference
Ducks over Sharks-Hard to say my top two favs
Wings over Bluejackets
Blues over Canucks
Flames over Blackhawks

Ducks and devils would be pretty sweet

trent06

Mush
Reaction
dont the ducks pretty much have to win every game mathmaticlly?? i dout they will get in

The Ducks are in the playoffs the #8 seed in the Western conference, NHL playoffs started tonight, those are the teams vying for the title....

dezertranger1600

Reaction
trent...come on man! Hockey? haha just joshin ya'. I have never really watched an entire hockey game. But I do like the fight clips on ESPN:d

steviegnsc

Reaction
Outside (or ootside if in Canada;)) of rugby the last MAN sport left!

Eastern Conference

Boston over Montreal-Too deep, Chara, Kessle,Yelle, Savard, Sturm, and Recci at the trade deadline I took them as my dark horse in Vegas while we were there. Not to mention there goalies posted 52 wins against 19 losses:eek:
Rangers over Capitals-Teams are going to run Ovechkin dooming their run to the cup.
Hurricanes over Devils Ol' school Hartford wailers fan:D
Flyers over Pens-Not enough depth, Crosby gets hurt Malkin caves like last season

Western Conference
Sharks over Ducks -Ducks aren't hungry enough. Sharks in four, get out the broom
Wings over Bluejackets Nothing shocking here, Detroit never bows out in the first round:cool:
Canucks over Blues-Sundin to put up big points stuffing it in Toronto's arse:cool:
Flames over Blackhawks-The Blackhawks in the payoffs......really:p

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
My faince likes hockey and she's a Kings fan, I've been to a few games, definetely a sport to watch in person rather than on TV. I just wish I knew the friggin rules

steviegnsc

Reaction
My faince likes hockey and she's a Kings fan, I've been to a few games, definetely a sport to watch in person rather than on TV. I just wish I knew the friggin rules

I root for the Kings but am a Bruins faithful:eek: my wife used to hate the game because she couldn't follow the puck on TV so we went to a few games and she loves it now!

Rules are easy but there are two sets, one established by the league and the others established by the fist:eek:. Flagrant penalties will get you thumped, literally:D.

I tried to root for the ducks when they first came into the league but Disney had cheerleaders and mascots and fireworks that filled the arena with smoke, I just couldn't deal. I actually had season tickets for their inaugural season, but unless someone scored a goal or got in a fight you could hear a pin drop in that place:confused: it sucked for watching hockey:eek:.

If you want to watch the game with fans, sit in the nosebleed section. You can still watch the whole game from there and it's where the actual fans are sitting:cool: not those that are sitting in there bosses seats trying to see Cuba Gooding Jr.;)

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction

im 100% the same, but i play hockey in a mens league, and i drink COORS LIGHT

steviegnsc

Reaction
Quack quack :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:D

Oh well, my money still on Boston:cool:

Good game though! Getzlaf is a beast and Pronger is a lot of man to move around! I don't SJ will come out that flat footed again on Sun, they've been off for two weeks and Carlyle a hall fame coach so the sweep was a long shot:eek:.

SJ needs to put a big body on Pronger and get him off his game, the guy gets agitated and starts taking bad penalties. SJ had the best PP and PK in the league, it will catch up to them!:cool:

But the best game I think was the Chicago game! Young kids and gritty should be a good series if they can hold it together against Detroit.

Quack quack :D
PS: The quacker is why I will never pay for another ducks seat as long as I live.....lucky for me a friends Co. has some pretty good seats;). Three hours of those things is enough is enough to make you want to assault children:eek:

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction
PS: The quacker is why I will never pay for another ducks seat as long as I live.....lucky for me a friends Co. has some pretty good seats;). Three hours of those things is enough is enough to make you want to assault children:eek:

HAHA!! You no likey the duck calls? :D My wife and I used to go to Mighty Ducks games all the time back when Kariya, Selanne, Hebert were running things under Ron Wilson. We used to get the tickets from her firm - Either center ice about 10 rows back from the glass or the corporate suite (all you can eat/drink etc etc) Badass. Those were some good times.

RE: Redwings - Never did like those guys. Seem to me a bit dirty and their fans...always throwing crap (octopus) out onto the ice etc...Sportsmanship always seems to be lacking with them.

GO DUCKS!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Seems like the Flyers are looking to even things up! I sure hope the Pens can go home with a 3-1 series lead....

Seems like Detroit is in a cakewalk as thought...

Carolina is sure trying to make it hard on the Devils though!!!

Looks like I was way off on my upset pick of the Blues and even more off on my sure bet of the Sharks!

Washington may be gaining momentum they need????

Just giving my analysis of tonights games...

steviegnsc

Reaction
Seems like the Flyers are looking to even things up! I sure hope the Pens can go home with a 3-1 series lead....

Seems like Detroit is in a cakewalk as thought...

Carolina is sure trying to make it hard on the Devils though!!!

Looks like I was way off on my upset pick of the Blues and even more off on my sure bet of the Sharks!

Washington may be gaining momentum they need????

Just giving my analysis of tonights games...

A few surprises for sure, I hope the Pens/Flyers series go's all seven, because it has been BA in the first four games:eek:.

I'm glad Vancouver got out of the first round relatively unscathed

Say what you want for reppin' Nor Cal.....GO SHAAARKS!!!

Jumbo Joe needs to play more aggressively, I can't stand when they call him a power forward:confused: Deadmarsh=Power Forward or Langenbrunner=Power forward Thornton=Large winger with good hands:D and they better do something on defense. I wouldn't expect the Ducks to give up five goals every night:(. Oh ya, Cheecho's the man!

Lastly, is there a bigger missmatch then the Boston vs. Montreal series? It looks like 1 NHL team and some beer league team playing each other. Boston's D is monsterous and pumling the Habs!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Well I was 4 for 4 in my picks in the Eastern Conference and 1 for 4 in my picks for the Western Conference you can tell what conference the team I go for plays in!!!!!

Second Round Picks

Eastern Conference

Pens over Caps
Boston over Carolina

Western Conference

Wings over Ducks
Canucks over Hawks

P.S. As long as the Wings dont repeat all will be well in the hockey world!!!!!

freddy

Reaction
Well I was 4 for 4 in my picks in the Eastern Conference and 1 for 4 in my picks for the Western Conference you can tell what conference the team I go for plays in!!!!!

Second Round Picks

Eastern Conference

Pens over Caps
Boston over Carolina

Western Conference

Wings over Ducks
Canucks over Hawks

P.S. As long as the Wings dont repeat all will be well in the hockey world!!!!!

Pittsburgh vs Washington will be a great battle. Alot of young talent in those teams, and either one can take it all home.

There is like 7 Swedes playing in Detroit so we always want them to do well here at home.

It would be really nice if Mats Sundin finally got to win the Stanley Cup now when he's with the Canucks, he's worth it after all these years in the NHL.

As you can see I'm torn between who to pick as my favorite, but I'm sure there will be some great hockey to watch.

P.S. Between the NHL and the world cup of icehockey that's also going on right now, it's alot of hockey this close to the summer. :)

Ozzie M

Reaction
Ducks baby tom on vs at 4pm(wierd time diff i guess)lets do it like 2007!!!!
Mustache=bad a@# look out for George Parros Red wings
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pa6KpKfNlU"]YouTube - George Parros TKOs Riley Cote[/ame]

Attachments

• parros.jpg
    parros.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 101

steviegnsc

Reaction
That was an awesome shot! I think that should pause the programming and give us some stats before they start to throw bombs at each other. Parros has the whole Pirate thing for sure, but he's taken it on the chin a few times over the years.