2009 Taupo 1000 Photo's

renagade

Reaction
here we go some photo's from day one of the taupo 1000,

enjoy.

i have some more photo's that i might put up later.

you can read some wright ups on what wen't down on www.oranz.co.nz or www.Taupo1000.co.nz

Baja Fool

Reaction
Cool! Kiwi Racing!

Guess you fellas run the day glow paint cuz theres so mud!:D

Thanks for posting.

renagade

Reaction
yeah i guess you guys wouldn't see much mud racing out in the dezert, neither do the australians that came over, there car overheated due to mud cloging up there radiators.

redmist

Reaction
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on here in a while.

I couldn't believe the sound coming from that engine when it went some 30km's into the first lap. I've never heard a knock so loud. Was a total nightmare!
Could have sworn it was a rod, ended up number 2 rod bearing had dissapeared. Fooled us in the pits as there wasn't anytihing in the oil or the filter. It ground the rod bearing so finely the only remaining thing was a 1/2 of one bearing shell that was about 1/3 of it's original thickness.
We believe it was caused by the stupidity of not running a thermostat. It was very cold and wet out there! Oil just didn't flow. And that bloody misfire we still can't trace.
Didn't think we would make the National finals. I simply couldn't find a replacement stock engine. Another last minute botch up job that Andrew or I wasn't happy with. Ran rich, but didn't have the time to diagnose it. Ran well, for some reason only boosting to 10lb and running very rich. And the bloody misfire!! Lots of work to do for the 2010 season.

You have some fantastic shots of my Taupo 1000 ten second race!!