2009 v2r "get it right" a bike won overall

stubym125

Reaction
A Bike Won Overall at the 2009 V2R Get it Right !!! There's only ONE Overall Winner & That was a BIKE !!! Unofficial by 49.109 seconds

Chase 2

Reaction
Bikes have never been given the respect earned for fastest overall times. Quads? perhaps if and when they were to get the lowest overall time but I ain't holding my breath for that to happen yet.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Quads? perhaps if and when they were to get the lowest overall time but I ain't holding my breath for that to happen yet.
Even if they did you/bikes wouldnt give it up anyways. Ive been doing this too long and heard too much to think that the mindset has changed. I too, am not holding my breath.
I was at many of the pits waiting to hop on my quad and watched KTM crew friggin nail it every time. Camo and Pearson were on fire! Congrats KTM on a well deserved win.

Chase 2

Reaction
Even if they did you/bikes wouldnt give it up anyways. Ive been doing this too long and heard too much to think that the mindset has changed. I too, am not holding my breath.
I was at many of the pits waiting to hop on my quad and watched KTM crew friggin nail it every time. Camo and Pearson were on fire! Congrats KTM on a well deserved win.

Yeah your right quads suck! JK LOL!!! Now, If you had ever seen the old Team Honda 3 wheel guys in Baja.... I digress

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
Quads? perhaps if and when they were to get the lowest overall time but I ain't holding my breath for that to happen yet.

I think if they were to start further up towards the front they would be a lot closer. I still think the "top" bike teams will always be faster but the top quad teams wouldn't be too far behind.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Yeah your right quads suck! JK LOL!!! Now, If you had ever seen the old Team Honda 3 wheel guys in Baja.... I digress
I raced them. In those days. Didnt like the aircooled 2 strokes so rode the 4 stroke 200X. When the watercooled 250R came out we hopped on that. Won the 86 1000 Class 25 (open 3 wheeler) on the 250R

Chase 2

Reaction
I raced them. In those days. Didnt like the aircooled 2 strokes so rode the 4 stroke 200X. When the watercooled 250R came out we hopped on that. Won the 86 1000 Class 25 (open 3 wheeler) on the 250R

All righty then, I won't preach to the choir. You are one of the true crazies in off road. I love to watch you guys but would just shake my head as to why you did it.

jfracerzr

Reaction
I think if they were to start further up towards the front they would be a lot closer. I still think the "top" bike teams will always be faster but the top quad teams wouldn't be too far behind.

yeah there not to far behind now! look stuart and matlock, top 2 quad teams finished in the top 10 overrall! congrats to both of them and pearson/kamo on the overrall

richzajic

Reaction
Max

I made reference that a BIKE WAS THE OVERALL WINNER in the post in general desert racing section.

Those car guy's do not get it.

Neale

Reaction
Team F3 of Ricky Brabec and Robert Underwood would have had the overall if they would have moved their pit over 2 feet. They "pitted on course" and received a 10 minute penalty. Pretty stupid mistake to make. I'd be a wee bit upset if my pits did that to me. But that's racing! Congrats to them.

07FJRog

Reaction
Max

I made reference that a BIKE WAS THE OVERALL WINNER in the post in general desert racing section.

Those car guy's do not get it.

I questioned that also and posted the times in the links provided and nothin. To me the overall goes to the Bike, period, they went throught the same course didn't they? so where is the hype and congrats for them!

Don't get me wrong, I like all of the vehicle classes, but state what is correct.
many got class wins and congrats to them, but the V2R Overall Title goes to the Bike.