2010 crf 450x??

jbarker@banks

Reaction
Anyone have any info on this? Is it going to be fuel injeceted? Looking to get a new bike and would rather wait for this bike if it is fuel injected. Thanks in advance.

If it has already been brought up, please post the link. Thanks.
Anybody?? I'm planning on getting a new ride at the end of the year. But if it's not getting the EFI I'll have to go with the new Suzuki.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
The new bikes, or at least photos of them, usually pop up in August, and the bikes themselves are usually on the dealership floors by mid-September.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
We have been talking about it on thumper talk. No one on their knows any details. We have just been making jokes and stuff. There is no info anywhere on this thing though. I doubt it has fuel injection. Sure would be nice though

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Get a KTM, if you dont want to go that route the Kawi's are nice! Either the KLX or KXF which has FI and is really good.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
here's what dirt rider magazine says, "There were some rumors of an FI CRF450X, but we suspect economic times and the fact that there is still some time before new emissions standards kick in which will pretty much mandate FI have delayed this bike for two years."

But they also talked of the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F, which looks pretty B.A. electric start only, fuel injected, radically slanted cylinder, gas tank under the seat, and some have even sayed that the exhaust exits from the rear of the cylinder.

So whatever comes out, i suggest waiting until they come out with more info. hope that helps.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
here's what dirt rider magazine says, "There were some rumors of an FI CRF450X, but we suspect economic times and the fact that there is still some time before new emissions standards kick in which will pretty much mandate FI have delayed this bike for two years."

But they also talked of the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F, which looks pretty B.A. electric start only, fuel injected, radically slanted cylinder, gas tank under the seat, and some have even sayed that the exhaust exits from the rear of the cylinder.

So whatever comes out, i suggest waiting until they come out with more info. hope that helps.
Thanks for the info!

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I just like the idea of having a Honda because EVERYONE has Honda's it seems like, and the chances of me getting a spare part off someone is better when I am down in Baja if I have a 450x. Just my thinking.
I agree. Thats kind of the only reason I'm also looking at a Honda. I'd rather get the v-twin aprilia though.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
well, since we found out today that the 250 is going to be fuel injected, and Dirt Rider says that the 450 will be able to share most parts with the 250, so 90% sure that the new 450 will be FI.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I just like the idea of having a Honda because EVERYONE has Honda's it seems like, and the chances of me getting a spare part off someone is better when I am down in Baja if I have a 450x. Just my thinking.
You sheep. :D:D

Get a GasGas or a Husaberg.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Diddy, the '10 crf250r has fuel injection. I dont see why the 450 wouldnt
But he's talking about the 450X model, the enduro/desert bike. Last years bike wasn't changed at all compared to the 450R.

The 450R

The 450X

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
The motors i think were the same its just the transmission thats different.
The R has EFI the X doesn't. The X's motor is a little more mellowed out making it an easier, more ridable bike. The motor is gonna be difference electronics wise due to the EFI.

If the 2010 Suzuki RMX450 has EFI, I'm pretty sure the 2010 CRF450X is gonna have it too.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I agree. Thats kind of the only reason I'm also looking at a Honda. I'd rather get the v-twin aprilia though.
The SXV550 or what ever it is, their was a review in TrailBike Magazine about it, you should read the article if you are interested in purchasing the bike. Overall consensus was that the v-twin was too much of a bike for trails.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
The R has EFI the X doesn't. The X's motor is a little more mellowed out
The current "X" model has about 10 hp less than the current FI crf450.