2010 swinger showdown

oldman dirt

Reaction
I want to be the first one to sign up for 2010.
#992 Giti Gowland
rear start
and
$100.00 into the sidebet pool---

Any one interested in a big nine shootout at Glen Helen--say a 2 moto format??
let me know---
thanksgiving weekend?

Shred918

Reaction
I want to do a short course for next year for sure.

I was kinda hoping for a Pro 9 series and hit Drive, MORE, SNORE and MDR with about 5 races total..... I am just saying.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
The Thanksgiving date may not work for the MORE guys going for points..its a week before the last race of the year.. if we can find a date between Sept 26th to Nov 14th I would go for it.

Shred918

Reaction
I am putting myself out there to help out if need be for a Pro-Nine full season in 2010.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
The next Pro-Nine project was to be a three race series to avoid ties in points and not take anyone away from running a full MORE, SNORE, DRIVE, MDR series while trying to stay on a budget trying to do the extra Pro Nine stuff. . We can consider a 4 race format and throw out worst finish..dont know if I like it or not though.. we can set up a poll and see who says what..

The basis of the series is SNORE BAP, MORE 500 and DRIVE Plaster City. These are the three orginizations who came up with ideas for the 2009 " Big Race"

The Short Course idea is very cool.

Lets give it a week or two for ideas here from all and then we can poll.

Last edited:

Shred918

Reaction
I would like to see Glen Helen added to that mix or some other short course venue. I know that BAP is pretty close to that and would be cool with that if that is where it went.

I am just Mr Pit Dude right now but wanna hit it hard next year so take my opinion for what it is. I think that 3 races would not be enough and would personally stick to the pro series if we had one running.

oldman dirt

Reaction
The Thanksgiving date may not work for the MORE guys going for points..its a week before the last race of the year.. if we can find a date between Sept 26th to Nov 14th I would go for it.
They already have a race that weekend so it would be easy---
maybe 2 weeks before-but that near the 1000. Iwill work on it with Bob who runs the track. Like to get a class 9 day only----
or maybe 5/1600
2 seperate races, one for 5/1600 and one for 9
2 hours long, and a heat race in the morning to set start positions
Great viewing, this would be a hit---make the track 9 friendly and get some serious payback-------maybe get the off road radio guys to broadcast the MAIN-----------------

oldman dirt

Reaction
Pro - 9 Series

1.) Battle at PRIMM SNORE Feb

2.) Balls Out MORE March

3.) Caliente SNORE May

4.) Freedom Night Race More July

5.) Short Course Race @ GLEN HELEN

6.) Plaster City Dash MDR Dec. / News Years Eve

oldman dirt

Reaction
copy that Are you going??
Can Andrea and I pit with you ????????

Johnson954

Reaction
The next Pro-Nine project was to be a three race series to avoid ties in points and not take anyone away from running a full MORE, SNORE, DRIVE, MDR series while trying to stay on a budget trying to do the extra Pro Nine stuff. . We can consider a 4 race format and throw out worst finish..dont know if I like it or not though.. we can set up a poll and see who says what..

The basis of the series is SNORE BAP, MORE 500 and DRIVE Plaster City. These are the three orginizations who came up with ideas for the 2009 " Big Race"

The Short Course idea is very cool.

Lets give it a week or two for ideas here from all and then we can poll.

.......(DAVE) and you thought you were going to get some time off from talking about class 9 racing....

racer951

Reaction
I would like to see Glen Helen added to that mix or some other short course venue. I know that BAP is pretty close to that and would be cool with that if that is where it went.

I am just Mr Pit Dude right now but wanna hit it hard next year so take my opinion for what it is. I think that 3 races would not be enough and would personally stick to the pro series if we had one running.

To make Pro 9 work, we need people like this to stick to the race series. We will always pick up the regulars as we visit their local series, but the numbers won't be there if we only do that. I would commit to an ultra-competitive traveling series over a static sanctioning body series any day. It's all about strength in numbers, so let's hear from everyone else:

Would you (MORE, SNORE, etc) regulars race with a Pro 9 series over the organization you ran with this year? Why or why not?

Johnson954

Reaction
I personally think that the plan for a 3 race series next year is the best.

SNORE BAP - short course
MORE 500 - long race
DRIVE (Sept) - medium length race, hopefully pull more of the Mexican racers

We should be able to draw a good turn out for those races, and still allow the racers to support their individual organizations....because even though they may be static, without them we have nothing. To think that we are going to get 20 teams that are going to travel to more than 3 races for the year, is probably unrealistic. Most class 9 teams don't have the cash the the 1600's do. I say we just go for 3 races next year and see how those turn out, and if it is a huge success, then add more the following year.

I also think it is mainly going to be up to the guy heading it up....unless we all pay Mr. Bolles for fulltime employment!

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
To make Pro 9 work, we need people like this to stick to the race series. We will always pick up the regulars as we visit their local series, but the numbers won't be there if we only do that. I would commit to an ultra-competitive traveling series over a static sanctioning body series any day. It's all about strength in numbers, so let's hear from everyone else:

Would you (MORE, SNORE, etc) regulars race with a Pro 9 series over the organization you ran with this year? Why or why not?

I would not race a Pro 9 series over a MORE / SNORE style program full time. Without supporting the regional series of those I listed I think it hurts all involved. The regional promotors have spent years developing a proven product and provide the tool needed to let us indulge in a pro 9 shoot out series.

racer951

Reaction
Steve I think you're right and there is definitely a place for class 9 points in the local series, maybe that came off wrong in my previous post.

In my mind it comes down to 3 types of racers that we need to court for a Pro 9 series

1. Race Everywhere - These are guys like Rash, Ward, Wagner, etc.
Racer #1 will likely travel to a good 9 crowd regardless; the problem is there aren't many of them.

2. Race a series - SNORE, MORE, and MDR regulars who don't like to leave home
Racer #2 is probably the trickiest. Are these guys really too scared or lazy to leave town? Or do they want to run a full season at home and worry about the points issue?

3. Race once in a while plus big races - Lang, Johnson, Bantilan, etc.
Racer #3 is the wild card in a pro 9 series. They need to step up the frequency of their program; whether it's $, time, or lack of interest who knows...would a 3 race series work well and get these guys out more?